Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Revelation

SOLD: DIY 4-Season Tarp

I've done *most* of the hard work on this, but with a baby on the way and a half dozen home projects to finish before the baby gets here, it's time to unload some projects, suck it up, and just buy my gear if I have any hope of backpacking. So here are the details...

Design: Backwoods Daydreamer's "Winter Dream" 4-Season.

Dimensions:
    Ridgeline - 137.5"
    tip of door tie-out to tip of door tie-out - 168"

Materials: Gray silnyl 2nd's from Backwoods Daydreamer, Black oxford for reinforcements

Status: It is completely cut out, with cat cuts on all bottom edges. The ridgeline is sewn and the reinforcement patches are sewn on. I've done a bottom hem between two of the tie-outs, and that's where it stands.

Needs: A complete bottom hem, webbing/D-rings sewn on, side pulls (if desired), seam sealing.

I will ship it with the black webbing and d-rings I ordered, plus the rest of the oxford so you can add side pullouts if desired.

About me: I'm a complete newb with a sewing machine and that is plain to see in this tarp. I will not try to convince you any of the seams/hems are pretty--THEY'RE NOT. However, I've been assured by others on this forum that regarding the ridgeline especially...seal it and forget about it. So bottom line, for the cost of the materials, you can have a serviceable 4-season tarp that's ~ 70% complete.

Asking $60 TYD in the US--money order

It doesn't have webbing/d-rings attached yet so I don't have an easy way to string it up, but here are some pics of the reinforced areas...ridgeline, door tie-out and side tie-outs.

Last edited by 8Crow; 03-28-2012 at 19:35. Reason: Added pics & dimensions

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    please read the For Sale rules before posting :

4. Never ever use the 'PayPal Gift' or 'PayPal Personal' payment options when purchasing. This does not automatically supply the shipping address to the seller, and it strictly limits the buyer's options for any refund if there is a problem with the transaction.
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    The Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Buckle
    Images
    Do you have any pictures of what you have completed so far?

Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Revelation
    Thanks all. AngrySparrow pm'd me to let me know he had edited the post. It is a matter of semantics, but the way I read the rule posted above is as a recommendation for buyers, not a directive for sellers. At any rate, I simply wanted to offer an alternative for folks that don't want to deal with snail mail and I'm not willing to deal with Paypal outside of the gift option.

cmplpwilt: I can certainly take some pictures, but there are no tieouts at this point so it would be difficult to string up. Is there something in particular you'd like to see?

Hammock
    DIY DL/HH Hyperlite/WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    HHSS/DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Webbing
    Images
    Nvm - I see you'll take a MO.

GLWS
    Experience is the worst teacher - it presents the exam first and the lesson later. - Unknown

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 8Crow View Post
    Thanks all. AngrySparrow pm'd me to let me know he had edited the post. It is a matter of semantics, but the way I read the rule posted above is as a recommendation for buyers, not a directive for sellers. At any rate, I simply wanted to offer an alternative for folks that don't want to deal with snail mail and I'm not willing to deal with Paypal outside of the gift option.
    It is against the Hammock Forums Terms of Service and also a violation of the rules for using the For Sale section to use the paypal gift option for goods and services. This is stated very clearly there. It's not a matter of semantics. Please re-read and re-familiarize yourself with them.

I. No 'PayPal Gift Only' or 'PayPal Personal Only' payment requirements are allowed in sales.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DIY Speer style
    Tarp
    Hallelujah
    Insulation
    "Sto" Serape & RRG
    Images
    what are the dimensions?

Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Revelation
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    It is against the Hammock Forums Terms of Service and also a violation of the rules for using the For Sale section to use the paypal gift option for goods and services. This is stated very clearly there. It's not a matter of semantics. Please re-read and re-familiarize yourself with them.
    I stand corrected!

Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Revelation
    Quote Originally Posted by tight-wad View Post
    what are the dimensions?
    Well...I can't measure tonight, I will get it out tomorrow and get the exact measurement on the ridgeline. In the meantime, the plans called for a 134" ridgeline and I know he sent me a little more than the 9 yards needed to make the 134"...he sent maybe 9 yards plus a foot. I just took what he sent and cut it in half, so the ridgeline is probably 138-140".

The tips of the doors go out the full length of the original material, so if you laid it all out flat on the floor, from tip of door to tip of door is probably right around 14'. Hopefully you have a visual of a 4-season laid out flat on the floor and all of the above makes sense.

I think the silnyl was 62" to start with, so it should be right at 10' across by the time you figure in the ridgeline and hems on either side.

Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Revelation
    Pics & dimensions added

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast