Thread: Useful...

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0

Useful...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o03_s00

I grabbed a package of these a few months ago. Next best thing to weightless, they hold well, they have a pass-through so that you can loop them over any line or cord, and you can come up with an awful lot of uses for them. I bought them to deal with all my electronics cables.
    It turns out they are also perfect for securing my whoopie slings, and, because of the pass-through, you can slip them down to just above the continuous loop, where they serve as a "drip whisker" to help prevent rainwater rundown.

I'm going to have to try using a paper punch to put a series of holes along the length of one. I suspect they would make an almost perfect dongle on my ridgeline to poke the bow of my glasses through at night, and/or to hold a micro-light, etc.
    And finally, they will fit right around inside the lip of an Altoids can emergency kit... Makes it easy to carry a few extras.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I use them all the time myself. I don't use snake skinz on my tarp, but these work great to use 2 or 3 of them and roll the tarp up after hanging it to keep it out of the way until needed. And as you said, practically weightless and do not take up much room at all.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.6
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just ordered a set of snake skins, and I have tons of these laying around work. I research all over this forum, the web, and watch all sorts of videos- as soon as Ive settled on something and order it, something else pops up and its cheaper or free.

Hammock
    BMBH/WB Traveler
    Tarp
    SF
    Insulation
    Down under&top
    If using for guylines/tarp tackle or even whoopies you might be interested in the 1/4" over the 1/2"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

As for using as a tarp restraint in place of snake skins have you experienced any wear due to the loop portion of velcro being somewhat abrasive? I'm sure with care not so much, but for those of us that are absent minded or careless?
    Last edited by fagan; 08-05-2015 at 15:35.

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    The "tooth" on these disposables is pretty fine. I think you'd have to work awfully hard to cause any real abrasion on most hammock material, let alone on amsteel whoopie slings.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.6
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My unused ones are a bit stiff, however they soften up pretty quickly after being used a few times. You could scuff the silnylon if not careful at first with the edges.

• + New Posts