Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Avoid the Polar Bears.... they can smell food for miles and, as I understand it, if something moves it is considered edible. I had a good friend who was a polar bear keeper at the Bronx Zoo. He said everytime they looked at him he watched them drool.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    i like my HH
    Tarp
    no preference(yet)
    Insulation
    pad and bag
    Suspension
    what came/w the HH
    My other half and I did an overnight kayak fishing and camping trip with Liquid Adventures out of Seward about five years ago. It's catch and release but the scenery was awesome. Chris is a great guide and awesome guy. We weren't hammocking yet so we were in a tent. Bear scat everywhere but we never had any problems. You should check them out. Also, last year we leased kayaks for a week long kayak/camping trip across Kenai. The company is called Adventure60. Also very good and in Seward as well. I would recommend contacting either company, they won't disappoint you. Good luck and have fun!

Sunny
    "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.

polar bears live in a rather small range..always close to the water and in far north areas. most of these areas require flying into remote areas to see 'em. i'm not and expert but, i belive nome is the farthest south they range. any place a person can drive to, they will see grizzles- no less dangerous!

Hammock
    HH Asym - looking to tweak
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Synthetic
    Suspension
    Evolving
    I took two weeks at the end of the season (Aug 30-Sep 14). Started in Anchorage, Talkeetna, Denali Hwy, Fairbanks, Chena Hot Springs, back south to McCarthy and then all the ports from Valdez to on down to Homer Spit. There are several areas I would suggest. PM me if you need some details. You MUST order a Milepost Magazine. It perfectly details every highway by mile marker! You can plan your entire trip and always know whats ahead. My favorite was the Russian River - brown bears! There are several great campgrounds and the US Dept of Ag maintains a great RV/Car/Tent camp gound at the confluence of the Russian and Kenai Rivers (hope I got that right).

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12