Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    PLUQ w/IX
    Suspension
    dynaglide/straps
    Images

New Hammock

Well last weekend I decided to sew up a new hammock. I had received 5 yards of 1.5 oz from DIY gear supply. They were great, answered my questions and quickly shipped my material and goodies. I'm still fighting with just how to use my pads but I'm getting closer to a final solution. So back to my hammock, I used 1.5 oz rip stop in green and began to sew. I used Knotty's design for a stretch side and it is fantastic. You can adjust the sides to get rid of any floppy material and it allows you to make a nice foot back. Heres a few pics. Thank Knotty for your help and advice. It is 57" x 128". I also made all new suspension, yellow on the head end and grey on the foot end. Waiting on 2.2 zing-it for ridge line and bear bag line.

- Gary -

"Nice Pen, I Bet It Writes Some Really Nice Stories"

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    +1 on Scott! Great looking hammock - that's a bad boy I have planned for a very soon to be completed project!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Great job. I also have several yd.'s of that same 1.5 ripstop from DIY Gearsupply, and cannot decide whether to make a single layer or a double layer. If yours is a single, and its not too personal, how much weight do you intend to load it with? If I can convince myself that it will hold up to my 240lb., then perhaps i can have two instead of one. Again, great job, I like the Knotty adjustments, too.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Great looking hammock!
    I'm 200# and I love the 1.5 fabric.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Knotty design, 1.5 oz stretch side
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    PLUQ w/IX
    Suspension
    dynaglide/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    Great job. I also have several yd.'s of that same 1.5 ripstop from DIY Gearsupply, and cannot decide whether to make a single layer or a double layer. If yours is a single, and its not too personal, how much weight do you intend to load it with? If I can convince myself that it will hold up to my 240lb., then perhaps i can have two instead of one. Again, great job, I like the Knotty adjustments, too.
    I'm about 6'0" and right at 210. It has some stretch so I think you would be ok, I bounced around and fidgeted around with my pads and it seemed fine. I have slept in it twice, what a difference from my Grand Trunk UL. Knotty's shock cord addition is genius, I talked with him and I sleep head to left and feet to right so I just set the stretch sections that way. I also read the thru-hiker article on making a manual button hole. As you may see in the pics it is about 3/16" between the stitch sections so you can use a hot paper clip of blade to cut and seal the opening. I used some nylon strap to form a sort of washer on the shock cord and will change to a leather circle, I had a pack or something and it used leather washers about the size of nickels as back-ups to the cord locks.

Thanks
    - Gary -

"Nice Pen, I Bet It Writes Some Really Nice Stories"

• + New Posts