Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I recall him saying something about putting out a bunch of UQ's and then having to do TQ's in the same space. I think that they now have a couple more tables to do set up on, but they likely still have to juggle space. I think that the CF tarps are at the bottom of the list, as far as getting items out. I recall WaterMonkey saying that he had to wait like 12 weeks to get his.
    12 weeks. Man, that was shameful! It was also a Winter Palace, which took Stormcrow forever to finally have a pattern he was happy with. We've definitely improved our wait times.

Tarps are not in the bottom of any list.... Not when you have as many as we do!

We do have more tables set up, but we also now have 5 rooms, instead of one, so everything has more of an assembly line approach, which is streamlining a lot. We really had a good thing going with the tarps going out on a 2 week wait, but then the discovery of the 6 week for the next cuben fiber order threw a wrench in that operation. We're armed and ready for this week, though.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Glad to hear it Jen!

I saw that all of your tarps are 'custom orders'. Do you have any general size/types that you make? Only cuben or other fabrics too?

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Rhino
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    i would like to say . . . perfection is worth waiting for. adam and jenny's gear is art, as much as it is fine craftsmanship. i have not had a problem with long wait times, or problems communicating with them. i am sure that there are other vendors who produce excellent products, but i am sold on HG.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Glad to hear it Jen!

I saw that all of your tarps are 'custom orders'. Do you have any general size/types that you make? Only cuben or other fabrics too?
    http://www.hammockgear.com/cart/inde...23gftcbt4om3m1

But they'll. Do custom sizes to. And to the best of my knowledge their only doing cuben tarps.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    having dealt with HG - adam & jen and family - for 2 years now... i've had, sold, tried, traded most everything they offer.

my very first order.... i'll never forget it,,, adam sent his mom to a local ohio park to meet up with me, while he and jen rallyed the family to hand deliver my quilt on my way out of town. i waited , patiently -- and it came down to a cell phone coordination call, and a playground --- with adam 'teaching' me how to best utilize my quilt in the parking lot. i ain't never had that sort of service from rei or the like.

outside the website order form... adam and jen and i worked up a deal, one that included some UQ's and talks of a custom 3-sided cuben tarp. talk got slow (when it came to the tarp), what with the move, tonsil surgery--- and the spring rush----and now apparently slow cubic tech production. confirmed , happily my M50 UQ's , and sent my money sight-unseen , faith in the crows reputation.---- but decided to seek out another vendor for the tarp, mainly to pitch stimulation into separate but equal economies.((we all gotta eat))

still waiting for adam to launch his secret hammock project--- something i'll wait for- in digital lines- even through tough communication tides.

i do appreciate this thread - as it helps bring to light larger supplier woes that can plague our cottage production lines, but more importantly allows all parties to understand we're humans, with families- who work hard for our hobby. -- and that with time- and& some understanding, patience---- we'll have our goods to make our trips to the woods, well, AMAZING.

thanks to ALL our cottages for transparency through desires to only please, despite workflow issues, incredible demand-- & most importantly the sense of sanity!!!
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    I've had a couple of small issues myself but nothing that in the end I couldn't live with and actually, one of them probably turned out better in the end.

I ordered a Burrow during the Black Friday sale. Contacted Adam the next day to change the footbox to sewn. Received my Burrow with a snap/cinch cord footbox. After thinking about it, decided to keep it because I can open it up like a blanket so I have more options.

I ordered an Incubator. I was told it was shipping on a Monday (if I remember correctly) but somehow someone got mixed up and didn't ship it until the following Monday. Not a big deal.

Will I order from HG in the future? Absolutely! Mine were minor glitches that in the long run were no big deal to me. I'd still take a few headaches and support small business.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    If I were to ask a vendor to do a custom project like WaterMonkey asked HammockGear for a custom CF tarp, I would personally have lowered expectations of timely delivery. Kinda like going to Burger King - you can order a regular Whopper which is probably already prepared, or you can order a custom whopper (no pickles) and wait for them to prepare it. It will be just the way you want it, but you'll wait longer.

When I am purchasing something, I generally don't complain until they have my money - how can I have any leverage if I didn't pay the vendor? It is my responsibility to insure that the vendor gets my money so that I can then complain as a customer, not as a potential customer.

I've bought several items from Hammock Gear and I don't treat them any differently than any other person with whom I do business. If they don't answer my e-mail, then I call. If they don't answer the call, I leave a message. If they don't answer the message, I call again at another time. I'll PM them on this forum too for added measure. If they had a fax, I'd fax them too. And you can't beat the tried and true snail mail - companies and congressmen all treat snail mail with reverence. E-mail your congressman and you may never get a response. Send him a letter and you'll get a personal response.

I read too many stories of people here who sent e-mail to some vendor, didn't receive a reply, then stew in their own juices over the slight, feeling victimized. I don't relish the role of victim, but some do, and apparently it is more enjoyable when you can play the role of victim in a public forum. There's not as much drama and negative feelings in being an assertive customer.

And yes, I'm so assertive that I always tell every vendor that I need the item for a trip, but I'm actually telling the truth (I get out quite a bit). I must admit that I've considered lying about needing something for a trip, because it just sounds like a really aggressive line of crap to use with vendors that might light a fire under their butt. But that would be dishonest, and I'd get found out and nobody would believe me anymore.

I would have to have a truly horrible customer experience, bordering on criminal, for me to post in a public forum complaining about a specific vendor. Even then, I still probably wouldn't do it (especially if I planned on doing further business with the vendor).

In your case, your post will be on this forum for a long time, a testimonial to your lack of assertion and the joy you seemed to derive from being a victim. You apparently never once picked up the phone, you didn't follow up for weeks at a time, and as of yesterday had still not paid for the item you are complaining about waiting so long for.

If I were one of the cottage vendors, I would personally be wary of doing business with someone who would employ your tactics. But that's just my viewpoint.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Folks, attacking the OP here is out of line. He wanted to share his experience, and has done so. Whether or not you agree with how this was handled on either side is irrelevant. That part of the issue is between the vendor and the purchaser.

But the posting feedback about transactions, even if they're bad, is absolutely relevant. It informs everyone so they can make up their own mind. Just like positive feedback is welcomed, so is the counterbalance.

Adam and Jen have posted here in response. The OP wants to follow up when that is done. But, outside of that, more opinions probably aren't helpful. So we're going to close this until the OP has more info to share.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234