DIY 1.1oz or WB Traveler
    Tarp
    HG Cuben / DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Nest UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I feel your pain. I'm waiting on a tarp as well. I didn't receive an email confirmation on the order (except from PayPal), so after a couple of weeks I emailed to check on the order. I didn't hear back, so I waited about a week and called. Adam informed me they were waiting on a shipment of Cuben. He asked when my trip was (this weekend). He said he'd push mine to the front to get it in time for the trip. It was a good trip (without the tarp). I sent another email, but still nothing.

I hate feeling like I'm nagging them. I do understand how hectic a small business can be, but communication is key. Just throwing out my latest experience (I do have a good experience with them in the past) as I try to wait patiently so you know it isn't just you.

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Jesse - I apologize that you had to vent on here. I understand your frustration. I wish I had known you did not receive the invoice, however. I just received my first email a few moments ago about this. I had sent the invoice to you less than 48 hours after the agreement. You evidently did not receive it. I will be going into the archives to check what happened.

I also apologize for the tarp delay. We have been at the mercy of Cubic Tech for 6 solid weeks. More than one customer have missed their tarps for their trips. We have been trying to maintain communication regarding that, and the fact that we could not move any tarps until the cuben fiber arrived Thursday or Friday. Please accept our apology, and as I have said in my email in reply, your name is on the list of Monday's outgoing tarps.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7SL & Traveler 1.1SL
    Tarp
    HG Hex & Superfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    It takes two for good communication !! I read your post over a couple of times. And, I need to say. You have a part to play in this problem.
    You called Adam in Mid Feb. about a trap for 3/1. He told you he was not sure, and would get back to you after the weekend. He didn't ! So, you waited until 3/1 to contact him again ? And then he told you he would build you a trap & overnight it to you ! If you helped with shipping cost. You said NO. You asked for an invoice. ( I guess so you can pay ) You did not get one. So, again you waited two weeks ? Then email him again !
    On 3/25 he offers you a 20% discount on a UQ. You ask for an invoice (to pay) You did not get one ! So, you post a tread here !
    They offered you a trap overnight, and a 20% discount on $219. UQ.

"I am in control of my life, through the decisions I make."
    You made some decisions here to wait.

Just my two cents !
    I have never failed, I have been very Successful finding out what does Not work.

Hammock
    DIY - HH - ENO
    Tarp
    OES - HG
    Insulation
    DIY - HG
    Suspension
    WS - AHE
    Images
    Thanks for your input, Gustav! I guess I figured it made considerably more sense to simply wait than to continually pester Adam & Jen. My assumption was that, since the tarp COULD be made and overnighted, it would be made before my trip nearly 3 weeks later. In hindsight, I guess I should have been more persistent.

Jen - sorry to hear that something got screwed up with the invoice. I did not receive it.

Mods: If possible, I'd like this thread left open. I want to update this thread when the situation is resolved.

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    I am sorry folks, but I don't see a situation at all here.
    To say or imply it was posted to warn others, or share an alledged bad experience is a reach. I normally dont respond to these type threads, but it doesnt matter what size crayon or how it is colored. a slam is a slam.
    Let HG work it out without a public trial....

jmo

Randy
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

Hammock
    DDCamping/HennessySafari
    Tarp
    Etowa10/10silnylon
    Insulation
    GL TQ /Yeti&AHE UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopee slings
    Images
    I feel for the gap in your life without your gear! I too have waited what seemed months was only weeks for new ( toys ) gear to arrive! Like a kid at Christmas I would race home from work to see if it had arrived ! But like manny others have said these cottage vendors are great at what they do ! If you want slapped together mass produced overnighted junk go online that stuff is everywhere! I know I have to wait for custom made cottage gear! So hang in there your wait will most likely pay off !
    High ground is dry ground!
    Moondoggy

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Wrong profile! (Thorwren was logged in by accident)
    Last edited by stormcrow; 04-01-2012 at 22:37. Reason: Thorwren was logged into Stormcrow's to reply. Oops.
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    There is no such thing as pestering us... Ok, maybe in extreme cases. But we understand in our line of work, with custom work, wait times, and folks dropping hard-earned money to entrust us with building their gear, it's part of the responsibility.

At the time you requested the tarp to be overnighted but changed your mind, we DID have the material then, but we ran out shortly after, so when you needed to re-order it, you were in line with everyone else waiting for Cubic Tech to move our big cuben fiber order.....as slowly as they possibly could.

As for the invoice, I re-sent it. It looks like your email address had a "space" before the address, and PayPal didn't like it, but it never notified me that it wasn't sent. I apologize for that. Please let me know if you received it. I will be emailing you this as well. Since it was all brought up in the forums, I will keep communication lines open in both places.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have heard about the problem with cuben being that the factory puts the cottage vendors way down on their list of people to keep happy. They supply the sail manufacturing industry, as well as other vendors, since it is kind of a unique product & they can charge a premium. Kind of like kevlar thread was at one time or Gore-tex. I heard that Pertex is kind of hard to come by, unless you order it in huge quantities and then there's still a 3 month waiting period on the manufacturer and the slow boat from China.

I have had several orders with HG. The latest ones were kind of screwed in part due to them moving. The second thing and more likely cause is when they don't have the order in their system. It seems like the orders that came directly from the website are handled fine. However, when you're talking on the phone, they get messed up, as they don't make it into their computer system for tracking. Which, when you have several people working in a shop and numerous products to put out, in various set-ups, can get scrambled.

I recall him saying something about putting out a bunch of UQ's and then having to do TQ's in the same space. I think that they now have a couple more tables to do set up on, but they likely still have to juggle space. I think that the CF tarps are at the bottom of the list, as far as getting items out. I recall WaterMonkey saying that he had to wait like 12 weeks to get his.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    all good things comes to those that wait!
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast