Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Senior Member ironridger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Virginia,MN
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Posts
    133
    Images
    7

    First time out with new WBBB & SF.

    Walked into St. Louis River, northern Minnesota and spent the afternoon had lunch and a little hang time, a little personal time. Beautiful day.

    Randy

  2. #2
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,403
    The birds and flies are soaring in Minnesota!

    Fronkey

  3. #3
    KSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Elko, NV
    Hammock
    SLD SL, WBBB XLC, TTTG, DH
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE, HG
    Suspension
    Various
    Posts
    242
    Great pictures. It looks like there was no one around to bother you.

    I hope you enjoyed your new hammock and tarp. I have both the WBBB and the super fly and love both of them.

  4. #4
    Senior Member ironridger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Virginia,MN
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Posts
    133
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by KSC View Post
    Great pictures. It looks like there was no one around to bother you.

    I hope you enjoyed your new hammock and tarp. I have both the WBBB and the super fly and love both of them.
    Your right. That's the great thing about middle of the week, not a sole around.
    Randy

  5. #5
    body942's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Coast, Ca.
    Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    Posts
    832
    Water looks a little fishy to me... I wouldn't have been able to help myself!
    -Bill

    "...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

  6. #6
    Senior Member ironridger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Virginia,MN
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Posts
    133
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by body942 View Post
    Water looks a little fishy to me... I wouldn't have been able to help myself!
    You bet, was thinking the same thing the whole time I was down there. Should be loaded with walleye and pike. Break down pole and a few lures = interesting fun.
    Randy

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    1,717
    Looks like a good day for a hangin'!

  8. #8
    Cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Modoc, SC
    Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Posts
    3,807
    It is so difficult to look at these lazing hammocks and beautiful day pics while I am sitting here behind my desk. Can you feel the envy coming through???
    PitaPata Dog tickers

  9. #9
    Bama Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Fort Payne, Al
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL & 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB SF, WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    271

    Looking Great !!!

    Thanks for posting the pics of your bird and superfly. I am new to hanging and I too have a WBBB. I am looking for a tarp now and am seriosly considering the superfly. That is a nice looking setup you have and a beautiful hanging site too. I wanted to ask you a few questions if I may.
    Does anything come with the SF or is it just the tarp itself? What did you use for the tarp RL? I have 30' of 7/64 amsteel on the way but I am not sure that would be good for a RL. I am trying to get an idea of what else I might need to buy to go with the SF, other than some stakes and cordage for guylines. Thanks again for the pics, I like the way the SF looks in porch mode for sure. HH.

  10. #10
    Senior Member ironridger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Virginia,MN
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Posts
    133
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Man View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics of your bird and superfly. I am new to hanging and I too have a WBBB. I am looking for a tarp now and am seriosly considering the superfly. That is a nice looking setup you have and a beautiful hanging site too. I wanted to ask you a few questions if I may.
    Does anything come with the SF or is it just the tarp itself? What did you use for the tarp RL? I have 30' of 7/64 amsteel on the way but I am not sure that would be good for a RL. I am trying to get an idea of what else I might need to buy to go with the SF, other than some stakes and cordage for guylines. Thanks again for the pics, I like the way the SF looks in porch mode for sure. HH.
    Thanks for the compliment.
    1. Tarp & stuff sack is what WB guy sends out.
    2. What I've learned on here from others is that 7/64 amsteel is over kill, what I did was get 180' spool of 1.8mm Zingit from Redden Marine plus you get HF member discount.
    3. On each one of my tie outs I first put small loop of 1/8 shock cord then guy line on from there.
    4. You may want to consider some snakeskins, DIY or purchase.
    Randy

Similar Threads

  1. First time in the WBBB XLC....
    By Robb871 in forum Warbonnet Hammocks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 21:49
  2. ship time for wbbb
    By Latch in forum Long distance travel with a hammock
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 18:22
  3. Waiting time? Wbbb
    By codya95 in forum Warbonnet Hammocks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 21:57
  4. I've got a WBBB - time to think about an UQ
    By dla in forum Under Quilts
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 10:37
  5. Just in time- WBBB is here!
    By VAHanger in forum Warbonnet Hammocks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 09:06

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •