Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

ripped mosquito mesh

Hello,

I recently bought an Ergo hammock.
    It's comfortable to sleep in. I am a sidesleeper. However it has some issues;

-The No-see-um mosquito mesh ripped in a few places after a few days...
    -The included cordage is not very strong, it showed wear & tear after 2 single uses. Also it has too much give. IMHO it would be a good idea to include a set of tree-huggers & whoopieslings. It would make the package more user friendly.
    -The included sleeve only covers the cordage, it should cover the complete hammock, like the Hennessy sleeves.
    -I am 1.80 meter tall & lengthwise it feels very small inside, especially when the mosquito-mesh is closed. The width is perfect. A larger version would certainly be a good idea.
    Overal some good ideas despite some serious design faults. I own a few hammocks so I'm able to compare different brands. None of them has ripped fabric. To me these are unacceptable flaws for a 350 $
    hammock.

It must be said, the tarp is very good en versatile.

I will be returning the Ergo to my retail store, hopefully it can be repaired. However I doubt it because the ripping is inherent to it's design. I have contacted Exped twice. I did not receive an answer to my first mail. The answer to my second mail came after 3 1/2 months...The replied that all the damage was "wear issue", strange as I only used it for 2 nights...Not a word on warranty or replacement, not very happy about that.

I've included some pictures.

Grtz,

Dimi

my blog: http://studioblade.blogspot.be/

Hammock
    Exped ergo combi
    Tarp
    Exped tarp
    Insulation
    Ahe jarbridge rive
    Suspension
    Button hole rope
    Do you have to purchase the hammock and tarp together?

Very cool- have not seen this one before. It is great to see someone come out with new systems. For a complete system, the price is not bad. I'm not sure I'm sold on the design. It seems like a fairly complex way to solve the problem of a flatter lay . Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems a bridge hammock solves this problem just as well without all the complex "rigging".

One observation I have with this is it seems to make hanging the tarp somewhat unnatural. The perpendicular hang creates the need for a tarp that is rather large just to provide basic coverage, and the tarp doesn't provide any side protection from wind.

Mat

What size mat is best to use with this hammock?

Just picked one of these up from Sierra Trading Post, with 40% off fb coupon (expires tonight, but they have 35% ones all the time if you get on their spam list) it was 150$. As I understand it the weak point seems to be the netting at the zipper (and height restrictions)? Does the tightness of the pitch affect this?

Hammock
    XLC Blackbird Multi-cam
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti multicam
    Suspension
    Webbing
    any cottage makers attempted to make these. It seems Exped is garbage from what I see.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123