Hi, all
I'm getting ready for a trip, so slept in the hammock last night. I was thinking about where to put the gear that will not be coming into the hammock with me (the only things that will come in are what I wear to sleep, down vest for stuffing into sleeping bag stuff sack for pillow, audio recorder and kindle). All my extra clothes will stay outside. I'm a canoeist, so the bottom of the pack is often wet and will get tucked under the overturned canoe.

My suspension system is one amsteel cord with WBBB and Big Mamajamba (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=32421. The single best idea I've seen on this site, as it allows you to always retain angle for perfect hang and makes for the dryest setup and take down I can imagine).

I will be using an old pack cover or part of a 30 old vbl that never gets used to construct a gear hammock about 4' long, 3' wide. The hear hammock will be hung from the amsteel suspension between the tarp and hammock. One end will be anchored with an s-biner to the "door ring" on the BMJ tarp (the ring that is on the underside of the tarp, a few inches in from the ring on the end of the grossgrain). about three feet from that ring toward the middle of the suspension I will insert another s-biner between the strands of the amsteel to hang the other end. It will be light and small enough that I can just leave it clipped to the s-biners when I pack up, or I can unhook it from the s-biners and pack it separately.

I'll post pics after completion.