Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    1/4" Volara
    Suspension
    Webbing

Gear Hammock Idea

Hi, all
    I'm getting ready for a trip, so slept in the hammock last night. I was thinking about where to put the gear that will not be coming into the hammock with me (the only things that will come in are what I wear to sleep, down vest for stuffing into sleeping bag stuff sack for pillow, audio recorder and kindle). All my extra clothes will stay outside. I'm a canoeist, so the bottom of the pack is often wet and will get tucked under the overturned canoe.

My suspension system is one amsteel cord with WBBB and Big Mamajamba (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=32421. The single best idea I've seen on this site, as it allows you to always retain angle for perfect hang and makes for the dryest setup and take down I can imagine).

I will be using an old pack cover or part of a 30 old vbl that never gets used to construct a gear hammock about 4' long, 3' wide. The hear hammock will be hung from the amsteel suspension between the tarp and hammock. One end will be anchored with an s-biner to the "door ring" on the BMJ tarp (the ring that is on the underside of the tarp, a few inches in from the ring on the end of the grossgrain). about three feet from that ring toward the middle of the suspension I will insert another s-biner between the strands of the amsteel to hang the other end. It will be light and small enough that I can just leave it clipped to the s-biners when I pack up, or I can unhook it from the s-biners and pack it separately.

I'll post pics after completion.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Sounds like a good idea. I use BearChasers SLS also and there is plenty of room between the tarp and hammock. Looking forward to the pics.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    1/4" Volara
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. I use BearChasers SLS also and there is plenty of room between the tarp and hammock. Looking forward to the pics.
    Yep, without BearChaser's SLS this would not work. With more distance from the tarp, however, it makes sense to make use of that space.

Hammock
    DIY (BASHIN)
    Tarp
    DIY 'winter' tarp
    Insulation
    DIY CS UQ
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    Images
    Hmmm I just made a small ground cloth out of pack cloth. I put it under the hammock and toss stuff on that Makes a nice little rug too.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    I have a piece of tyvek that I use as a ground cloth under the hammock but down here in Florida I have found critters in my shoe in the morning. Thinking that it would be nice to at least have my shoes up off the ground.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

• + New Posts