Images

Booties for Hammocking

I've been lloking for almost a year for some sort of light boot with a water resitent sole that could be worn around camp after taking off my boots and hanging them to dry - expecially in wet weather.

I was thinking of something like the acorn slipper socks but I could only find the cotton ones in my size.

Then today I got the mountain gear sale catalog and found these inside for $18 dollars:

Bivouac PrimaLoft Bootie

They only have XXL and small in stock, which is great for me and my son because we wear size 13, and the reviews said they booties run small.

It also looks like the bootie itself has a rubber or vinle sole which means it couldme used without the outer boot in dry or just damp weather. Hopefully it'll be just theing i'm looking forward.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I've been lloking for almost a year for some sort of light boot with a water resitent sole that could be worn around camp after taking off my boots and hanging them to dry - expecially in wet weather.

I was thinking of something like the acorn slipper socks but I could only find the cotton ones in my size.

Then today I got the mountain gear sale catalog and found these inside for $18 dollars:

Bivouac PrimaLoft Bootie

They only have XXL and small in stock, which is great for me and my son because we wear size 13, and the reviews said they booties run small.

It also looks like the bootie itself has a rubber or vinle sole which means it couldme used without the outer boot in dry or just damp weather. Hopefully it'll be just theing i'm looking forward.
    I saw some "sandals" someone made from running shoe insoles, sort of UL tevas for camp. You could wear goretex or sealskin socks with them. IIRC those homemade sandals weighed an ounce each. The Sealskin socks do double duty. I plan to make some slippers from the sleeves of my army field jacket liner for sleeping.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    That is a real good price. When you get them let me know if they really weigh 10 oz. That seems light for a rubber shoe. It also looks like there is rubber on the bottom of the sock. If so you could forgo the rubber part in dry weather. I need a replacement for my crocs since they became fasionable.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts