This trip went through several itinerary changes from "Easter Weekend Thru Hike" to Solo overnight and finally one long day hike. The thru hike called for a ~30mile day on Saturday with a bail out of only 24miles or so. No one wanted to or rather could join me on this kind of trip this weekend, so I decided on an overnight along the one section I have not yet done (well, I do not remember doing the Oconee section, it's been a while).

I've been working on listening recently and I felt a really bad feeling in my gut at one point that dulled to a I need to get out of ASAP feeling. Upon my return the the car, some hikers needed my help (could have been a reason, the timing was right), but when I listened to the missed calls from my family on my phone, I found out that many of them had a bad feeling that came over them while I was in the woods. We all felt that our God was trying to keep me from danger. I came out safe and had a good time so everything worked out.

Somethings I did differently on this trip: I used Hydropel...I loved it, I traveled at the highest rate in the woods with a pack on ever, and I did more miles on the trail than ever in one day.