Warbonnet Blackbird Double 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 sil-nylon
    Insulation
    DIY IX Jerry Chair
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing

Sipsey in September

Hi, everyone. I'm planning on going backpacking in the Sipsey Wilderness on the last weekend in September. I'd love to have some company if anyone is interested. I'm not an exeptionally fast hiker. I work behind a desk which has robbed me of much of my former fitness level which was never especially high to begin with. Here is a link to a site with maps and trail descriptions. http://www.sipseywilderness.org/ I'm flexible with plans if someone has a better idea, but here is what I'm thinking right now.
    We arrive at the Randolph trailhead about 2:00 in the afternoon on Friday. (I'm driving 5.5 hours from Ocean Springs, MS). We hike up trail 201 to the end where it crosses the creek to meet trail 206. We have a look at "Ship Rock" and "Eye of the Needle" in the area. We'll camp a short way on trail 209. Saturday we'll hike down trail 209 until we get to East Bee Branch. We'll hike up trail 204(a) and see "Bee Branch Falls" and the "Big Tree". We'll continue up trail 204 untill we get to trail 224. We'll hike down 224 to the "Bordon "Bridge" We'll hike down trail 200. We'll cross the Sipsey at the ford at the end of trail 209. We'll camp on trail 209 somewhere near "Fall Creek Falls". Saturday's hike should be about 10 miles or so. On Sunday we'll hike up trail 209 untill we get to trail 202. We'll cross the creek and see "Feather Hawk Falls". We'll hike down trail 202 back to the cars at the trailhead.
    Anyone want to come?

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Hanger View Post
    Hi, everyone. I'm planning on going backpacking in the Sipsey Wilderness on the last weekend in September. I'd love to have some company if anyone is interested. I'm not an exeptionally fast hiker. I work behind a desk which has robbed me of much of my former fitness level which was never especially high to begin with. Here is a link to a site with maps and trail descriptions. http://www.sipseywilderness.org/ I'm flexible with plans if someone has a better idea, but here is what I'm thinking right now.
    We arrive at the Randolph trailhead about 2:00 in the afternoon on Friday. (I'm driving 5.5 hours from Ocean Springs, MS). We hike up trail 201 to the end where it crosses the creek to meet trail 206. We have a look at "Ship Rock" and "Eye of the Needle" in the area. We'll camp a short way on trail 209. Saturday we'll hike down trail 209 until we get to East Bee Branch. We'll hike up trail 204(a) and see "Bee Branch Falls" and the "Big Tree". We'll continue up trail 204 untill we get to trail 224. We'll hike down 224 to the "Bordon "Bridge" We'll hike down trail 200. We'll cross the Sipsey at the ford at the end of trail 209. We'll camp on trail 209 somewhere near "Fall Creek Falls". Saturday's hike should be about 10 miles or so. On Sunday we'll hike up trail 209 untill we get to trail 202. We'll cross the creek and see "Feather Hawk Falls". We'll hike down trail 202 back to the cars at the trailhead.
    Anyone want to come?
    This sounds like a great hike'n hang. I've never been to Sipsey, but heard from other HF members who recommend it.

I have other hangs scheduled before and after these dates - so can't make this one. I'll look for Sipsey hangs in the future. Have a great trip!
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird Double 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 sil-nylon
    Insulation
    DIY IX Jerry Chair
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing
    Anyone interested? Bump!

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Sounds like a great time and a good past time area for myself and my dad, but I am unfortunately on the other side of the world.

Lots of cottonmouths and I have heard a mt lion out there before so be careful but have fun! Take pics or it didn't happen (really I just want to see pics for memories sake)
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

• + New Posts