Tarp
    Vertex & Super Fly
    Insulation
    New River UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Rings

Z-Liner 'S

Anyone have them?

I think I'm going to order them, looking for some reviews???

Hammock
    Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    WL TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a set. They do alright. My biggest disappointment with using them is that when installed on the hammock the entire system doesn't pack down real well. The hammock takes up most of the volume of my pack. Most of the time I just leave the triangle foot piece on and carry a 3/4 under quilt. I've found I can pack smaller that way. I'm also a warmer sleeper and don't think I could use them below freezing.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I have used mine down in the upper 30's and used a poncho liner to lay on, and a TQ to cover up with. I was nice and warm. I love the Clark weather shield. I use it for car camping because of weight and lack of packability.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, Claytor Jungle, ENO
    Tarp
    Vertex & Super Fly
    Insulation
    New River UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Rings
    If its just the packdown size people have issues with... I can deal with that. Better than taking an under quilt in separate compression bag or a separate pad. I don't consider myself a lightweight backpacker &the if I was I probably would not have a Clark.

90% of my trips will be by canoe into the Boundary Waters or Quetico.

Hammock
    Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    WL TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    If volume isn't a problem for you then you would probably be happy with z-liners. The biggest plus for me, even though they take up room, is that I can hang an insulated hammock right out of the bag. It does cut down on set up times.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    From reading posts for a year, I am disappointed that Clark made the decision to have them good to 30F but not further.

That's where the market is --for 3-season camping - and the Z-Liner set is priced the same as a commercial 30F Climashield partial UQ. You may have noticed that the market for such for ALL hammocks is extremely small. And, not because Paul at Arrowhead is such a ruthless capitalist that he maintains an iron grip on his near-monopoly on them.

What surprised me most about hammocking is the comfortable extension into winter of camping with 20F down UQs (from HG or Leigh). The Clark product doesn't go there.

Here's the space competition:

For this response, I just packed my LeighLo 20F UQ with its extra ounce of down together with the Clark Tropical II with the optional (7 oz with zippers) weathershield it is on from last night. It all fits very easily in one of the Clark pockets........and is a tight squeeze into the Clark stuff sack.
    The Z-Liner requires a much larger stuff sack.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 04-10-2012 at 18:47.

Images
    I don't know about the Z-Liners, but I do use the Z-Line. I use both 1.25mm & 1.5mm and I can say the stuff is awesome. I tested the 200lb breaking strength by hanging by it, and it didn't snap until I started jerking down on it while hanging from it.I used the smaller dia. for the tarp tie-outs, and the 1.5 for the ridgeline, it works great with the Dutch Flyz. On the tarp tie-outs I used some shock cord, folding in half, and I coiled the line around it to make self-tensioning lines. It makes everything all neat.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Vertex & Super Fly
    Insulation
    New River UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    From reading posts for a year, I am disappointed that Clark made the decision to have them good for 30F, and no more.

That's what the market is, and they are priced the same as a commercial 30F Climashield partial UQ. You may have noticed that the market for such for ALL hammocks is extremely small. And, not because Paul at Arrowhead is such a ruthless capitalist that he maintains an iron grip on his near-monopoly on them.

What surprised me most about hammocking is the comfortable extension into winter of camping with 20F down UQs (from HG or Leigh). The Clark product doesn't go there.

Here's the space competition:

For this response, I just packed my LeighLo 20F UQ with its extra ounce of down together with the Clark Tropical II with the optional (7 oz with zippers) weathershield it is on from last night. It all fits very easily in one of the Clark pockets........and it could, with difficulty, all fit in the Clark stuff sack sewn and the stuck sack close.
    So what your saying is you prefer the LeighLo to use with your Clark, I could go this route too, as it would give me versatility to use it with other hammocks, like my ENO....

I was thinking that with the Z-Liner's I could still stuff the pockets with extra clothes to add to the warmth rating if needed. I really like the idea of having the insulation in the pockets, less chance of it moving around or slipping. I have no experience with hammock camping so this is all new to me, but it seems like a nylon on nylon UQ would slide around easy.

I guess I will have to do more research & reading on UQ's. Thanks for the input guy's.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    I don't know about the Z-Liners, but I do use the Z-Line. I use both 1.25mm & 1.5mm and I can say the stuff is awesome. I tested the 200lb breaking strength by hanging by it, and it didn't snap until I started jerking down on it while hanging from it.I used the smaller dia. for the tarp tie-outs, and the 1.5 for the ridgeline, it works great with the Dutch Flyz. On the tarp tie-outs I used some shock cord, folding in half, and I coiled the line around it to make self-tensioning lines. It makes everything all neat.
    If I am not mistaken Z line is sheathed line. I would becareful using them with flyz. They use to cut the sheath but I make them much smoother these days and it may no longer be a problem.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Tarp
    Vertex & Super Fly
    Insulation
    New River UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    If I am not mistaken Z line is sheathed line. I would becareful using them with flyz. They use to cut the sheath but I make them much smoother these days and it may no longer be a problem.
    The z-liners im referring too... is an under quilt product made for the Clark Hammocks. I can see the confusion

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast