Clark nx-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    NR Underquilt
    Suspension
    standard
    Images
    Thanks for the tip on hang, its looser than it looks since I put a shock cord non-structural ridgeline inside to hang stuff from. That keeps the top looking straighter than it is I think.

I'm still fiddling with stuff, tonight will be a good first test I hope, I'm on my way outside now...

nice idea on the ribbons as well, I was wondering how to find things in the dark

Supposed to be a low of 40 plus or minus here tonight, I have a pad with wings I made and my sleeping bag out there, I'll be in fleece to start, plus I have a lightweight hiker's sleeping bag and a fleece blanket in my clark pockets if I need them

and I'm next to home so I can always go inside if I'm cold, but I don't expect to be, I laid in there for 10 or 15 minutes a couple hours ago and got hot!

I like it!
    Guyturf

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Got these on all my zippers inside and I like em
    Glow in the dark
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.
    John Denver--1943-1997

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images

About those glow in the dark zipper pulls

You just have to remember to activate them briefly, charge them up as it were with a light before turning in for the night?

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    You just have to remember to activate them briefly, charge them up as it were with a light before turning in for the night?
    Yea, I had them in my Clark N.A. Jungle Hammock as well, and I just left the weather shield tucked away with just the bug shield zipped to absorb that sun power. It seemed to work OK for a few hours after dark. But yes, you gotta hit em with the light at times to juice em.
    But I knew I wanted an extended zipper pull anyways when I was using the N.A. jungle Hammock, so I figured they might as well be glow in the dark--Can't hurt!!!
    So old habits are hard to break, so I got em now in the NX250.

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Clark nx-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    NR Underquilt
    Suspension
    standard
    Images
    Morning all,

I made it through the night... but barely!

It got down to 35 last night... woke up a few time having to adjust for warmth, my sleeping bag isn't rated for that cold, fortunately I had the additional hikers bag too.

but I now know that my 3/8" pad is just not going to be warm enough/convenient enough for regular use at colder temperatures. Looks like I need to start saving for an underquilt... or a Z-liner...

I've seen mixed reviews on the z-liner, some say its okay, but others that its just not enough. What do you guys recommend/use at this point to stay warm?

Thanks
    Guyturf

p.s. I've also realized that sleeping on your back is no fun with a cold... things don't drain, they just progressively plug up, but I just had to try out my hammock! I think I may have a 'problem'

You used the word "think". Having not tried the z-liner I can only think, but, if you figure the cost of the z-liner which may work for you, against the price of an under quilt which most surely will work for you, well, it is food for thought.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images

Q

The area of the six pockets matches that of a 3/4 UQ, 48x50. Try packing them with pillows and a pad inside the SB to keep feet from losing warmth to the hammock bottom.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyturf View Post
    Morning all,

I made it through the night... but barely!

It got down to 35 last night... woke up a few time having to adjust for warmth, my sleeping bag isn't rated for that cold, fortunately I had the additional hikers bag too.

but I now know that my 3/8" pad is just not going to be warm enough/convenient enough for regular use at colder temperatures. Looks like I need to start saving for an underquilt... or a Z-liner...

I've seen mixed reviews on the z-liner, some say its okay, but others that its just not enough. What do you guys recommend/use at this point to stay warm?

Thanks
    Guyturf

p.s. I've also realized that sleeping on your back is no fun with a cold... things don't drain, they just progressively plug up, but I just had to try out my hammock! I think I may have a 'problem'
    When your ready to move on from a pad:
    I used this on my Clark NA hammock, and I now use it on the NX250 Clark Hammock. KAQ LOST RIVER 2/3
    Just remember, if you buy the Z Liner system, it is only for the Clark. If you buy a typical Under Quilt, you can hang it under just about any hammock or use it as a top quilt if the need would ever arise.

John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Clark nx-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    NR Underquilt
    Suspension
    standard
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    When your ready to move on from a pad:
    I used this on my Clark NA hammock, and I now use it on the NX250 Clark Hammock. KAQ LOST RIVER 2/3
    Just remember, if you buy the Z Liner system, it is only for the Clark. If you buy a typical Under Quilt, you can hang it under just about any hammock or use it as a top quilt if the need would ever arise.
    So with the 2/3 length how do you keep your legs and feet warm?

Do you still need a pad, or is there another option?

Hammock
    Clark nx-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    NR Underquilt
    Suspension
    standard
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    The area of the six pockets matches that of a 3/4 UQ, 48x50. Try packing them with pillows and a pad inside the SB to keep feet from losing warmth to the hammock bottom.
    I had a pad in my hammock, but never considered laying directly on it... how do you keep the pad from shifting?