Thread: Bonaroo 2012

Bonaroo 2012

Hey folks im new here to the website and wanted to get yalls input on some ideas for using my hammock at Bonaroo. For those of you who dont know what it is, it is a music festival in manchester TN that lasts thursday-sunday and has tons of major musicians and comedians that perform. I have never been to Bonaroo and from what i have heard there arent too many trees where the campsites are. There are some but it is supposed to be really hard to get those spots. So im looking for some ideas on how to hang my eno for four days in the middle Tennessee with no trees. I will be able to possibly use the rear end of my truck for one side, but what about the other? Im also 6'4 240 pounds so it has to be a very strong supporting structure. Thanks a lot for HANGING around to leave a response. duh dum tisss....

Peace,

Franky

Hammock
    Eno DN
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    Jarbidge River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ht=turtle+lady

^ It's the stand that I'm using in my profile pic, very cheap, easy, and portable

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    It gets hot at the Bonaroo..take lots of liquids like water or gateraid with yu..lots of peeps pass out from the heat.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 dbl
    Tarp
    Edge w/ Dutch CRL
    Insulation
    MambaTQ/PhoenixUQ
    Suspension
    D. Buckle/Whoopies
    Images
    Your best bet is to hang the hammock from 2 cars/trucks. Least amount of equipment needed. It's all farmland, there are no trees, don't let anyone fool you. My only concern is going to be what's over your head. Shade is by far the most important thing. Practice rigging a tarp and hammock up between 2 cars very close together (like diagonally b/c you will only have 3-4 feet between cars, they cram you in). That will give you a better idea on how to proceed. It's hot, humid, and always either sunny or raining. Think of it like a sauna you can't escape: over 100 degrees, near 97% humidity, and not a cloud in the sky. When I went in 2004, we brought a big pop-up gazebo and some lounge chairs. Others brought tents, and quickly ditched them b/c it was too hot/humid inside. Don't plan on a lot of sleep either... ok I'm babbling now... sorry.

Also plan on trucking in all of your water and ice, that's what costs the most after the first day or two.
    Pass the Apple Pie

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    two sleeping bags
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images

Going this year

What did you learn and what do you advise for someone who is about to make this same journey?

Quote Originally Posted by frankyskyler44 View Post
    Hey folks im new here to the website and wanted to get yalls input on some ideas for using my hammock at Bonaroo. For those of you who dont know what it is, it is a music festival in manchester TN that lasts thursday-sunday and has tons of major musicians and comedians that perform. I have never been to Bonaroo and from what i have heard there arent too many trees where the campsites are. There are some but it is supposed to be really hard to get those spots. So im looking for some ideas on how to hang my eno for four days in the middle Tennessee with no trees. I will be able to possibly use the rear end of my truck for one side, but what about the other? Im also 6'4 240 pounds so it has to be a very strong supporting structure. Thanks a lot for HANGING around to leave a response. duh dum tisss....

Peace,

Franky

• + New Posts