WBBB Dbl1.7/Equip 1-Person
    Tarp
    GGear12x12',WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Jarbridge 3S/PLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    How do you find it packs up size wise to packing UQ,TQ etc individually?
    oldgringo just made a good post about the size. I have not tried it out yet. But I figure it will add a little bulk to the setup but very little weight. The benefit I see is that it will hopefully greatly simplifies getting everything ready for the night. Plus I keep getting the lines for my UQ kinda tangled when I stuff it into the pack.

Current setup is
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7DL
    AHE Jarbridge River 3S Underquilt
    DIY Climashield Apex 5.0oz Top Quilt

So with any luck it should all fit with a little room to spare in the LST and then fill most of the dead space inside the pack which is a Golite Pinnacle pack.

Edit: flatline got in before I finished typing. Thank you for the info flatline. Might keep a few more things then originally planned in there.
    Fry: "I can't swallow that!"
    Farnsworth: "Well then, good news! It's a suppository."

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    OldGringo said 'the tubes function as end caps, protecting the rig in blowing rain' that's reason enough for me to give them a go; and that also means they are duo in functionality.
    Now what are the chances of another use for at least one of them?
    Strong enough to hold water? Maybe the small end becomes roll closeable and the top end can have a detachable webbing handle=trip to water source for a gallon of water for camp use--well just thinking, I suppose those of you who have them never take them off the rig.
    OK another question. When you pull the left half slug to the middle and the right half slug to the middle do they connect together/velcro, bungie? Why I ask, I can see pulling out the whole sleeping rig from the backpack and it starts to separate as you pull it out.
    I do love the fact that once the sleeping rig is inside you can lay it on the ground as you stuff it and protect the underquilt from wet and scraping.
    Big enough for a PeaPod? I bet it is for the 40F model PeaPod.
    Thanks.

Hammock
    Tarp
    GGear12x12',WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Jarbridge 3S/PLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    OldGringo said 'the tubes function as end caps, protecting the rig in blowing rain' that's reason enough for me to give them a go; and that also means they are duo in functionality.
    Now what are the chances of another use for at least one of them?
    Strong enough to hold water? Maybe the small end becomes roll closeable and the top end can have a detachable webbing handle=trip to water source for a gallon of water for camp use--well just thinking, I suppose those of you who have them never take them off the rig.
    OK another question. When you pull the left half slug to the middle and the right half slug to the middle do they connect together/velcro, bungie? Why I ask, I can see pulling out the whole sleeping rig from the backpack and it starts to separate as you pull it out.
    I do love the fact that once the sleeping rig is inside you can lay it on the ground as you stuff it and protect the underquilt from wet and scraping.
    Big enough for a PeaPod? I bet it is for the 40F model PeaPod.
    Thanks.
    Cant say anything about a PeaPod but there is quite a bit of room left over with my kit packed away in it. There is a list of whats in there a couple of posts up. It comes in 2 sizes and I have the large.

Some pictures

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    So you owners who really love the slug, do you have a large for winter and small for summer?
    Also found another excellent use while studying the threads on it...ability to pull it away from the eating area while dining inside during crap weather-nice.
    I finally got to see Flatline's excellent video of this in use. I too have been swayed by the Dutch Clip but I'm only going to unclip them when the weather is seriously foul--I still fear leaving huggers on the trees! I had to walk back a mile to retrieve while on the AT in PA, but they sure do make it quick and easy to disconnect while your packing up under the tarp and the WL slug will make total pack up time much faster...worth the weight? 6 more ounces off my belly will make it all good

Hammock
    Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    WL TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just have a large. But my gear setup is pretty much summer which is just a hammock and tarp, so I don't need the slug, and the other three seasons when I slug up. When using the slug my sleep system takes up my packs main compartment, but its a small sacrifice for the ease of set up and take down.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    I have the large. If I was inclined to own two, the smaller version would most likely work for summer use.

The picture doesn't show it, but the two halves overlap in the middle, and are cinched down tight. I haven't experienced any inadvertent separation.

My hammock sock is a bit too short, but works fine when used in conjunction with the head end tube. I didn't plan it this way, but it's another use, and saves a bit of weight.

One more thing: I put small shock cord loops on each end that can be tightened with cord locks to secure my suspension.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Tarp
    GGear12x12',WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Jarbridge 3S/PLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    One more thing: I put small shock cord loops on each end that can be tightened with cord locks to secure my suspension.
    Now that's a great idea. I was trying to work out how to deal with the suspension hanging out.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12