Just got it in today:)

My USGI MSS just got here today. I will be testing it out today all by itself in the backyard I will be using the Gortex Bivy and Patrol bag only the low tonight is 41 with a slight breeze. Here are the specs for those wondering.

Genuine US military issue Modular Sleep System (MSS).

Genuine US Army and Marine Corps standard issue MSS consists of four components for sleeping in up to -30 F temperatures:
    Goretex BIVY outer cover bag 60 F (1.5 lbs)
    Patrol Sleeping Bag 30 to 50 F (3 lbs)
    Intermediate Cold Weather Sleeping Bbag 30 to -10 F (4 lbs)
    Compression Stuff Sack

Modular layering design.

Completely integrated system rated to -30 F when the user wears the expedition weight polypropylene shirt, drawers and issue cushion sole woolen socks. To obtain lower ratings, additional layers of Extreme Cold Weather Clothing articles are required.

Warmest system rated to 60 F with Goretex bivy cover as main bag and other bags as cushioning.

To obtain lower temperature ratings, additional layers of Extreme Cold Weather Clothing articles must be added to the user's clothing ensemble inside the sleeping bag.

Four component weight: 8.5 lbs (Not concerned at all about weight )

I will check in tomorrow I might make a video not sure.
    Last edited by TheCoyote; 04-14-2012 at 15:12.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Wilderness Tadpole
    Insulation
    Not in Georgia...
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Got four sets sitting in the closet. They work great at cold weather, but you gotta modulate your layers or you'll sweat too much. The black and gray bags by themselves will do for 20 and 40 degrees respectively, but adding the goretex bivy helps. Pop a polar fleece blanket in with you and you'll be great!

Shnick
    ...Levitate me
    - Pixies

Here is a video of me testing it and reviewing it. Let me know what you think. http://youtu.be/09yVKxaJwiU

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    I'm currently on a field training exercise and I've been using the patrol bag inside the Gortex bivy in conjunction with an underquilt and I've been plenty warm. The whole thing is fairly heavy and the compression sacks don't work that great after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Trooper View Post
    I'm currently on a field training exercise and I've been using the patrol bag inside the Gortex bivy in conjunction with an underquilt and I've been plenty warm. The whole thing is fairly heavy and the compression sacks don't work that great after a while.
    Im not really worried about it. I strap it to the back of my pack to keep room inside my pack. When I receive my Warbonnet BlackBird I will show how I have it on my pack when I show my set up. Ill do an in depth review of the MSS and the pack.

• + New Posts