Ok I have a Hammock Bliss Double hammock. Its a gathered-end (sewn channel) design. It has a fairly long, thick rope threaded through the channel. The ropes are nice and strong, but bulky.

When I bought the hammock I purchased their "deluxe cinching tree straps".
Seen here:

http://www.hammockbliss.com/Deluxe_Cinching_Straps.html

Which work quite well BTW. What I have been doing thus far is looping both ropes through both loops on the straps together and tying them off with a taut line hitch. It works, is adjustable but I dont trust it. The ropes are bulky, too long and I dont like tying off four ropes to get the hammock up....So....I have been thinking of replacing the stock ropes on the hammock for something like a whoopie sling setup. The problem I am having is that the tree straps have two loops sewn in to ONE end of the strap below the buckle. I am having a heck of a time coming up with a way to attach whoopie slings to these loops because I dont believe I can tie a marlin spike hitch with these loops. So, Im trying to think of other methods like the garda hitch. I can see how I can make a garda hitch work but I have read too many bad things about that setup.

Basically, I have stared at it too long and need some ideas.

Given my setup and these particular straps, what would you guys do?