Hammock
    hennessy dj xl
    Tarp
    hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix 0*
    Suspension
    standard hennessy
    Congrats -- 10 minutes in the hh exped was enough to convince me.

although I had to go with the DJ...weight issue, sniff...
    Right angles, horizontals, and perpendiculars.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer
    Tarp
    Hennessy Asym
    Suspension
    Straps
    Congrats! I just got my explorer yesterday Can't wait to give it a proper test!

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Ok...she was waiting for me when I got home from work today. After setting up and getting it all adjusted (about 20 min. total) I have a pretty good feeling it's going to be a good night. It got down to 50 degrees last night, so it should be a good test tonight. I'm just in the backyard, so if I get too cold I can always come into the safety of the house, but I've got a sleeping bag and I'm going to wear some fleece, so we'll see. I'll post an update in the morning and let you all know how it went. I'm pretty excited.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer
    Tarp
    Hennessy Asym
    Suspension
    Straps
    Awesome! I haven't slept for a night in mine yet, its been pretty cold here at night (snowing tonight actually). But I did fall asleep in it for an hour while testing it lol.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck_kayaker View Post
    Awesome! I haven't slept for a night in mine yet, its been pretty cold here at night (snowing tonight actually). But I did fall asleep in it for an hour while testing it lol.
    Cool. They are pretty comfy. I made it through the night without any problems. I did get a little chilly at one point, but I just had my tee shirt on, so I'm pretty sure with a fleece it would not have been a problem. It only got down to 54 last night though. One thing that I did notice...there are a lot of dogs around my place and somewhere off in the distance is a donkey! Some ear plugs will be a must for my next backyard overnight

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwil3 View Post
    Cool. They are pretty comfy. I made it through the night without any problems. I did get a little chilly at one point, but I just had my tee shirt on, so I'm pretty sure with a fleece it would not have been a problem. It only got down to 54 last night though. One thing that I did notice...there are a lot of dogs around my place and somewhere off in the distance is a donkey! Some ear plugs will be a must for my next backyard overnight
    Yep, the downside of backyard testing! Ear plugs are the only hope I have of falling or staying asleep. And it is a challenge even then, just because I'm sleeping in a strange place without being tired from hiking. Still, back yard testing is the way to get these systems safe and "perfected" for the trail.

Glad to hear you had a good test. 54 with no fleece or pad/UQ/SS? Very good indeed! Most people start getting a little cold about 70 or so. Although being inside a synthetic bag can definitely get some more degrees.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Ya, I had a cheapo bag that I was cuddled up in. The yougest boy and I are heading out for a weekend outing and I just wanted to be sure he wasn't going to freeze

Do you guys wear ear plugs when out on the trail? Seems like I might want to hear what's going on around me, but at the same time, every little noise is going to be waking me up.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer
    Tarp
    Hennessy Asym
    Suspension
    Straps
    Personally I haven't worn earplugs when tenting it in the backcountry, but I usually sleep like a rock lol.

I am thinking of doing a test hang over night tonight... supposed to be clear, 4 degrees (which isn't unreasonable for the conditions I will use it in).

The only thing I am wondering is I need to get up for work in the morning, if I bring my phone to use as an alarm clock will it get messed up from the condensation?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck_kayaker View Post
    Personally I haven't worn earplugs when tenting it in the backcountry, but I usually sleep like a rock lol.

I am thinking of doing a test hang over night tonight... supposed to be clear, 4 degrees (which isn't unreasonable for the conditions I will use it in).

The only thing I am wondering is I need to get up for work in the morning, if I bring my phone to use as an alarm clock will it get messed up from the condensation?
    4 Celsius I suppose? If your phone is in a shirt or jacket pocket, condensation should not be a problem.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Well, spent the weekend at the local state park. The HH did great. My little one was stuck in the old diy stuff we had thrown together...poor kid Needless to say, I'm on the hunt for another HH to replace the diy so the kid can get some rest too. The only issue that I had was the fly flapping a bit, but I think there must be an art to getting that thing set up just right. Didn't even use the fly the second night and I slept like a baby (not a screaming change my diaper I'm hungry baby...I actually slept pretty good)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast