WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    I have laid in a couple Hennessey hammocks, they just never impressed me too much. Some people love them though, just not for me...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    I'd go with the Warbonnet. Hennessy hammocks cause diarrhea.
    So that explains it! I actually had that problem my 2nd night ever in a hammock, which happened to be an HH. So now I know!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    IX UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Make your own hammock. Or two or three 😜

If you have a sewing machine and can see a straight line you can DIY a couple of hammocks for the same price as either a HH or a WB.

If you can't or won't DIY, then it's down to What you like and don't like.
    i totally take back all those times i didn't want to nap when i was a kid

Hammock
    Hennessey Asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    Lots of it!!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I started with a TTTM (essentially a huge DIY) and still use it a lot in the summer. I have two HH Expeds, one bottom entry and one zip. I have to say I do like the zip if for no other reason as a (ok I'm a pig) way to take care of the middle of the night whiz. If you get a double-wide hammock it's pretty easy to get a diagonal lay.
    Silver on the Sage, Starlit Sky's above, Swingin' from the trees in a Hammock that I love.....

Images
    Ever consider a bridge hammock? They're real comfortable. http://www.jacksrbetter.com

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fibre
    Insulation
    Winter Incubator
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Have both HH & WBBB - Blackbird wins every time.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE

Warbridge?

I love my HH Expeds. However they are backup hammocks or seconds when I bring my boys. They sit in my gear tub while my WBBB is in my pack and my go to hammock.

That said, you may want to start with a new Warbonnet Bridge (when it is out which should be any day now). Many of us WBBB loyalists are keen to try the new bridge. And if that is going to happen anyway, I'd jump the learning curve, start with the new bridge and if for any reason you don't love it then you could try the Blackbird which is simply awesome IMHO.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Integrated
    Insulation
    Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    'Biners & Rings
    Images
    Hennessy Hyperlite Zip all the way for me. Integrated tarp means minimum fiddle factor & extremely quick deployment (A major consideration in bad weather). It's compact, light, well made, roomy & comfortable. I'm 5' 8" + 180lbs and once I've found the sweet spot I can lay almost perfectly flat with no horrible stretched tension ridge underneath my lower legs, so I don't see the need for a foot box.

Regarding the shelf thing, yes, the ridge line caddy is a little on the small side but I only need to put my wallet, keys and phone in there. If I do need more stuff inside with me then the addition of a couple of small S'biners (from Nite-ize) clipped onto the interior ridge line and I have plenty more space to hang equipment/bags.

Combined with my Te-wa UQ, My down bag & an Inflatable pillow, it's the perfect adventure sleeping solution.

I read plenty of posts about people that start with HH, then migrate to a WBBB, and are happy they did it. But there are also plenty that go back to using the HH. I've never had a WBBB, and I'm not sure I'd want to risk spending more $$$ on something that I may not like.

Whichever one you choose, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. The main thing to remember is that you're finally 'Off the ground'!
    I likes me 'Ammocks & me Stowves'........

Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbord
    Tarp
    plastic paint tarp
    Insulation
    Sleep pad
    Suspension
    Straps
    ill look but does the war bonnet have u lie asymmetrical like the hennesy? I am thinking if not Ill go with the hennsey

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I started with a HH Expedition and I really liked the bottom entry for ease of entrance/exit - no zippers to fiddle with. I'm only 5'6" so could get a diagonal lie easily. I think the "ridge pressure" may be more a function of the hang angle rather than a specific hammock.

I had a Survivor for a while and that was immense - like going from a sports car to a station wagon; very comfortable. But it was a lot of money so I sold it and bought other gear.

I have a WBBB and it is fine - but I raise my eye at this "shelf". If the BB had a solid piece of nylon in the shelf area, instead of the bug net material, I'd feel better about it. I don't want to load up that shelf if it is pressing against netting.

The "saddle bags" on the WB bridge (WBRR) are all nylon - I have more confidence with them and the gear inside them isn't visible from the outside as it is with the WBBB netting.

I wish the netting on the BB was completely fold-up-able (or removeable) as it is on the WBRR. But then, you would loose the shelf.

I've found a ridge line organizer or peak bag helpful - but they can't hold a book and barely hold a Marine VHF radio. I use the peak bag for holding sleeping garments.

I got the HH because REI had a sale and a return policy if I didn't like it. I'm sure the cottage vendors would allow a return but it is more difficult for them.

The super shelter is just and undercover protector and flimsy foam pad. You could just get the undercover protector and put your sleeping pad in it. During the summer, you don't need, or even want, that pad next to the bottom of the hammock. You are just trying to prevent convection heat loss. If the under cover comes up on the sides and you've created a "no air flow" gap between it and the bottom of your hammock, that might be enough. That is, I just put my pad in the under cover.

Later, of course, I invested in Under quilt/s.

It's tough choice if you think you are only going to buy, or own, one hammock in your lifetime. How many on this forum have done that?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast