Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Where's the dejoha illustration on how they are used? These are for folks who don't have a continuous ridgeline, I assume. I supposed you could also use them in place of tarp flyz on a continuous ridgeline - have a place to hang stuff (albeit with no tarp weather protection).
    Well, you're a few steps ahead of me

I just got these and am still playing with them. Illustrations to come.

You could use these with a continuous ridge line, even if they weren't designed for that purpose specifically. Just tag on some prusik loops, clip on the Stingerz, and away you go.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Why would you use them over the smaller/lighter Flyz if you're putting them on a prussic? That seems like it just adds a bit of weight. A continuous ridgeline with a single 'Flyz' on a prussic on one end, and a Dutch Hook on the other end already accomplishes the task and is smaller.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE

Help Me I'm Braindead.

Okay, the design looks cutting edge. They are so easy on the eyes. But I can't get my mind around what you would use it for. Yes I know how to use Tarp Flyz. But why would you need to connect your TF to your tie out when they're already permanently set on your line?

The only use I see is to hang things off your tarp line that a soft shackle already does very well.

A video perhaps? Shug? Dutch?

And yes, further proof that Dutch can spin straw into Titanium.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    DANG IT! Just got all my tarps rigged with the Tarp Flyz and Zing It. Now I got to start over ---- Again!
    Love these new inventions. Keep them coming!
    starting over is all the fun!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    These new thingamagigers are pretty awesome Dutch cant wait to check them out at MAHA next weekend pure genious. The use i see for them is this. I use Z-Pack snow stakes that Joe sells. They have holes drilled in on the top where a piece of cord runs through. I would remove the cord and attach a stingerz to each steak. Leave pull out lines attached to tarp. Attach tarp to tree take out of snake skins. Pull each guy out to steak and secure line around the tarp fly portion of the biner. I would not have to tie knots around steak to secure line. Also allows for easy adjustment and tensioning of tarp guy out lines. Now why not just use a continious loop on the line and lasso it around steak. Well even though this has not happned to me the loop in hi winds could slip off Cranky Bear thought of that one. With securing line around fly un less the steak pulls out that line isent going any where. Me like. Im gonne have to get like twenty eight of these things. Two tarps five tie outs each plus two pannel pulls on each side im gonna be Dutch blinged out on the trail. I is also my belief and ill have to test this but by using the stingerz it may be easier to secure smaller diameter line. But thats just a thought. Cant wait to get my hands on these new Dutch wear products and test um out. Dutch thanks for some more awesome Dutch bling.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangandy View Post
    Okay, the design looks cutting edge. They are so easy on the eyes. But I can't get my mind around what you would use it for. Yes I know how to use Tarp Flyz. But why would you need to connect your TF to your tie out when they're already permanently set on your line?
    These are best used with end-only tie outs, not a continuous ridge line.

The biner clips to your tarp. The line is tied through the hole (an eye splice works). This keep the biner attached close to the tarp. The line goes around the tree and cinches like a regular tarp flyz.

I'll work on an illustration soon.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Dutch, you never cease to amaze me! I am certain I want on the pre order list. I'll figure out the best way for me to use them don't worry!
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    diy, wb xlc
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    nacrawhoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangandy View Post

The only use I see is to hang things off your tarp line that a soft shackle already does very well.

A video perhaps? Shug? Dutch?

And yes, further proof that Dutch can spin straw into Titanium.
    Another way to think about it.. this combines an s-biner attached to a prusik with the dutch fly into one piece which handles both tarp to RL attachment and RL tension & tie off.
    It is a very alert, active sheep, with a stylish, lively carriage.

Flickr
    YouTube
    I use a Juki & Pfaffs w/ assorted attachments, and have serviced lots of vintage machines. Any questions?

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    They could also be used as in the illustration on pg 71 of The Ultimate Hang, of the continuous RL, but instead of having a biner on a prusik you have one of these on your tarp. Since I actually hang my tarp via that method I see some stingers in my future cuz then I get the added benefit of mechanical advantage, and some cool dutchware.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

All I have to say is this:

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast