depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Have only had myself and a kid or two in our DoubleNest but that was around 300 lbs total. No problems whatsoever other than sliding into each other and a lot of "Hey! Move over." being said.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    BTW Eno....congratulations on the new Hammock Princess! Pics....we want pics!

Miguel

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post

I have a lot of faith in hammock body's after I had 2 people in my 1.9 untreated DIY hammock for 5 nights, after logging close to 200 hangs in it.
    that's good to hear.

i've had 2 people (~300) in a single layer 1.5 oz. it was new and never overnight, but we lounged quite a bit. i took apart the whipping later and saw no excessive wear from the support rope either.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    One thing to be careful about in any hammock, especially if you're pushing the limits a little, is raising up on elbows.
    That puts a great amount of pressure in one small area.
    Also be careful not to leave anything in your pockets that might fall out into the hammock & possibly cause a rip as your body weight press it against the hammock.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    I see you've gotten plenty of feedback on the issue but just to throw in one more piece of support.. my friend and I both have doublenests. He's around 320 lbs (and 6'5") and has never had a problem. Neither have I with my girlfriend and I being in mine. In fact, the only failure I've had was from one of the slap strap loops as I was being involuntarily swung quite high in it. Which resulted in a sore bottom, if you will. Hammock was perfectly fine though despite all the additional force, and straps have never been a problem except for that one "unnatural swinging" incident. Just my experience so far.

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    with no holes
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    webbing/biner
    My single nest popped a few stitches here and there on the seams when I first started using it. I am pretty sure I nailed it down to being pulled too tight between the trees(little to no sag when empty), and then when I would grab the edge to get out it would pop a few. It was only two or three here or there, and the hammock is fine today, but this was before I learned about the more sag = diagonal lay = greatness.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End 1.1 Single Layer
    Tarp
    BWD WinterDream
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ & Syn TQ
    Suspension
    2mm Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I've heard of a few people having failures in various hammocks and as far as I can tell it has always been due to trying to hang it really tight. There are a number of youtube videos where people show you to stretch the hammock really tight before getting in so that you can have a flatter lay. This sort of thing will increase the chances that the fabric or seems will give out. Keep a nice 30° angle on your hammock lines and you will be fine.

...And my wife and I lay together in my ENO Double all the time with no problem.

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo

Neo Enjoy Your ENO

My wife and I, as angrysparrow and the others have stated, lie together in ENO DN all the time and never has a failure. Combined weight about 300#.

Interestingly, although we enjoy facing one another in opposite directions (her head by my feet, and visa versa) the absolute ideal that we've found is me lying along one side of the hammock parallel to the hammock, and her lying perpendicular to me, with her back to my stomach. She can lie down well like this, or sit up, supported by my body, and even cross her legs Indian style and sit nicely. It distributes the weight well in the 'mock, and it keeps it open (she becomes a crossbar!).

Enjoy, neo. Neo is like ENO, only rearranged letters. Enjoy the ENO, which is short for, well, ENO. Which is like the word Enjoy. Only without the j and the y.

Hammock
    BMBH, GT single para
    Tarp
    WB mamajamba
    Insulation
    walmart 40f bag UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie>togg>strap
    Images
    i whipped my hammock bliss and had no problem napping with the girlfriend. me 220, her 105.
    ...in it for pics.

Hammock
    DIY CamoHammo
    Tarp
    DIY Catcut
    Insulation
    Body fat!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My Doublenest hasn't given any problems with me and the wife, and I bet we are pushing the limit. I'm 210-215 and she's probably 140-150 right now. Counting clothes we are in the upper 300s. Sure is fun, we are big believers in naps. Here we are in it this weekend, we were sitting sideways in this pic.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast