Hammock Bliss Double and Haven XL
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap

WTB: A Tarp, what you got?

Id prefer at least an 11x?? , cat cut tarp. Silnylon or similar. Diy or commercial doesnt matter. Show me what you got.

Hammock
    bias camper
    Tarp
    superfly

11x 10 jacks r better

hello

i have a jacks r better 11x10 in excellent condition that i could ship to you for 90 dollars.

thanks

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Thanks to all that have PM'd me with offers thus far. There have been a couple of REALLY good offers that unfortunately are a little out of my price range at the moment. After much research I have refined my needs and feel I should update this post so I dont waste anyones time.....

I am mostly a car camper at the moment and dont do any long-haul hiking so I dont believe I would really benefit from spending the extra cash for a SilNylon tarp. The slightly heavier/less expensive poly tarps are probably a better fit for me at this time. So, Im looking for :

Something with an 11 or 12' ridgeline

Would prefer it to be cat cut to some degree.

I think I would like something rectangular that I could set up in such a way as to be able to "close the doors" on the ends if need be.

Im thinking something like the Chinook brand 12x9.6 tarp would be great.... I may even just buy one straight out unless someone has a better deal.

Thanks again to all that have made offers thus far. Thank you all for your patience while I figured out what I need

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    If you posted your price range, it might be helpful.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by robv60 View Post
    Thanks to all that have PM'd me with offers thus far. There have been a couple of REALLY good offers that unfortunately are a little out of my price range at the moment. After much research I have refined my needs and feel I should update this post so I dont waste anyones time.....

I am mostly a car camper at the moment and dont do any long-haul hiking so I dont believe I would really benefit from spending the extra cash for a SilNylon tarp. The slightly heavier/less expensive poly tarps are probably a better fit for me at this time. So, Im looking for :

Something with an 11 or 12' ridgeline

Would prefer it to be cat cut to some degree.

I think I would like something rectangular that I could set up in such a way as to be able to "close the doors" on the ends if need be.

Im thinking something like the Chinook brand 12x9.6 tarp would be great.... I may even just buy one straight out unless someone has a better deal.

Thanks again to all that have made offers thus far. Thank you all for your patience while I figured out what I need
    You should probably just buy one online. The cost of shipping brings up the cost and I would be surprised if someone offered you a better deal than the online price.

Fronkey

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Foam Pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    I use "old blue especially" on car camping trips. The blue cargo tarp from Walmart is 12x 10 and costs around $10. If sparks hit it I go pay $10 and get "new blue". It isn't fancy or light weight, but it is very rugged, and keeps you dry.
    We never fail when we try to do our duty, we always fail when we neglect to do it. -- Robert Baden-Powell

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Foam Pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    We never fail when we try to do our duty, we always fail when we neglect to do it. -- Robert Baden-Powell

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    If you posted your price range, it might be helpful.

Good point. . Im thinking ~$50. I may just go ahead and grab the Chinook 12x9.6. or something similar. Its inexpensive and seems to meet me needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    You should probably just buy one online. The cost of shipping brings up the cost and I would be surprised if someone offered you a better deal than the online price.

Fronkey
    You know.... Youre probably dead on with that. For the price and features I want Im probably not going to find anything better than the chinook. Lets close this thread. Im getting a chinook. Thanks everyone for helping me make up my mind.
    Last edited by robv60; 04-23-2012 at 17:52. Reason: I actually made a decision about something within a week's time.

• + New Posts