I thought I'd add an update for anyone wanting to pick up the best accessories out there for a tarp, but especially for an UGLY tarp http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=51374
1. 1 pair of Tarp Flyz ($15) http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/featured/dutch-flyz/
2. 1 pair of Clip-on Tarp Pull Outs ($8.75) http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/feat...arp-pull-outs/
3. 75' of Zing-it line ($5.50 per 25' would be $16.50) http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/featured/rope/
4. 1 Pair of Mesh Tarp Sleeves ($25 shipped) http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/cott...orage-sleeves/
5. 4 pair ($1.49 a pair) of mini line-loks. http://hammockforumsstore.webs.com/a...s/show/1473737
With shipping for the line-loks and Dutchware around $10 altogether that adds up to about $80. That may look like now your tarp is expensive, but most folks here upgrade to these materials anyway so the cost is a savings long term. Of course if you want to go inexpensive, you could use paracord and in place of COTPOs use a marble and shockcord. Not as quick to set-up, but its a matter of preference.
My recommend for stakes is 4 aluminum tri-stakes such as the $2.50 http://www.rei.com/product/682543/msr-ground-hog-stake and 4 Ti tent stakes http://gossamergear.com/shelters/she...stake-184.html at $2.50 each. The reason for the two types is it gives you extra versatility depending on your soil conditions. I find the Ground Hogs better for soft or sandy soil, and the Ti stakes better for hard clay or frozen ground. Recommend you always bring a couple backups.