First Pack Camping Trip with Son and I in Hammocks

We spent last night in Hammocks, and the other families were amazed. We took turns doing show and tell, letting kids get in his Hennessy Cub, and adults in my Hennessy Explorer.

Also sent them a link to the site. I wouldn't be surprised if a few parents showed up in one next school year.

Would have been 2 nights, but 60% chance of thunderstorms and cub scouts don't work too well together.

I just need to figure out a good harness to fasten my CPAP up to the centerline. If anyone has simply DIY suggestions that don't involve a thread injector, I'd appreciate it.

Quick question: If I'm using a small tree, is it better to loop the the tree hugger strap thru itself before lashing to the tree? I'm not entirely sure what the best way of doing that is, and I had to re-tighten my line several times.

Hammock
    Diy bridge
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CubmasterTony View Post
    Quick question: If I'm using a small tree, is it better to loop the the tree hugger strap thru itself before lashing to the tree? I'm not entirely sure what the best way of doing that is, and I had to re-tighten my line several times.
    Wrap the strap multiple times around the tree if you can. More wraps = less damage.

As for CPAP machines, my hammocking buddy just puts it on the ground under the hammock, completely wrapped in a tarp to prevent it getting wet.

As for leading the scouts: But if your group is hardcore enough to camp in April, why aren't you going again until next year?? The best way they'll learn to work together is by doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ceiliazul View Post
    Wrap the strap multiple times around the tree if you can. More wraps = less damage.

As for CPAP machines, my hammocking buddy just puts it on the ground under the hammock, completely wrapped in a tarp to prevent it getting wet.

As for leading the scouts: But if your group is hardcore enough to camp in April, why aren't you going again until next year?? The best way they'll learn to work together is by doing.
    Hardcore? Heck, the low was 65 degrees. We are in NC, this is our second spring camping trip of the year.

I just don't expect these parents to buy the gear for a while.

We are going again in May, Webelos Resident Camp in June, Sneak in Weekend (Cubs sleep in the BS Camp for one night) in July, and probably a tubing trip for the webelos with the BS troop in August. Actually, will probably have trips in Sept, Oct and Maybe Nov... just haven't planned that far ahead yet.

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    IXUQ, PLTQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Scouters...

I buddy (and fellow Scouter) is up north with senior Cubs and Scouts this weekend - cold and rainy is the order of the day for this weekend. I sure hope he's keeping dry and warm.

I too am planning on trying to convert our Scouts to hammocks.

CdnDave

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    A family that hangs together, hangs together
    Mike