DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Roe Ring View Post
    Thanks for all the great advice and thanks for the pics Fronkey. I'm going to give Adam a call when he gets back to see what material he's got in stock. Nailing down the colour choice is getting difficult, it'll probably be black and either green or coyote. Has anyone got a picture of a coyote M50 quilt?

Thanks

Mark
    Silver and black in my opinion looks awesome! This is the summer one I just made for my friend.

Fronkey

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie&Dutchstuff
    That does look good. How do you find the M50 as an inner layer on a TQ? Also, the M50 looks shiny on outside, do you know if it's the same on all colours?

At the moment, I'm thinking evergreen M50 outers for both TQ and UQ, with a black M50 inner on the UQ and a black M90 taffeta on the TQ. Not sure if the M90 is needed though, M50 throughout might be ok.

Thanks again

Mark

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Roe Ring View Post
    That does look good. How do you find the M50 as an inner layer on a TQ? Also, the M50 looks shiny on outside, do you know if it's the same on all colours?

At the moment, I'm thinking evergreen M50 outers for both TQ and UQ, with a black M50 inner on the UQ and a black M90 taffeta on the TQ. Not sure if the M90 is needed though, M50 throughout might be ok.

Thanks again

Mark
    M90 will for sure feel better on your skin than the M50 will. I've never used a M50/M90 quilt, but a top quilt made from that should be really comfy.

Green and black looks really cool as well and the UQ I ordered from HG are those colors too. I have no doubt they will hook you up with a really great set up.

Fronkey

Hammock
    diy,SB,WB
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    HG , Diy
    Suspension
    Whoopassees
    Have some M50 in silver and black on the way. Hoping to make a very lite summer TQ. Will be my first try at a TQ. If I get anywhere close to what yours looks like, I'll be happy.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG: CF 4S
    Insulation
    HG: TQ. UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Dutch Hooks
    I have a TQ in Black/Gray M50 and a UQ in Green/Gray both in M50 on order.

I went Gray on the inside as it was the lightest color and I thought it would look good with both the Back and the Green.

Lighter colors tend to reflect heat better, or at least not soak up the heat, than darker colors. I don't know how much of the difference the Gray will make over the Black in that regard. I do know that when trying things out in the sun, having a dark color really seems to help.

Green on the UQ to go along with the color of my WBBB, but after looking at the picks, they may not match as close as I imagined. I went with Black on the TQ so I could tell them apart easily low light and the black will blend with the bug net better.

I was a little concerned about the wind resistance of the M50 as it is so light, so I was glad to hear that is not a problem.
    "When you see something wobble, push it."
    - Unknown

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    Big Daddy Tarp
    Insulation
    CCF/
    Suspension
    Whoopee Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Silver and black in my opinion looks awesome! This is the summer one I just made for my friend.

Fronkey

That black and grey looks great! I think i'm going to have Adam make me a set of quilts with the grey M50 on the outside and black ripstop on the inside... I still can't decide though.. I keep going back and forth on color / material choices.

And I still haven't even settled on what temp quilts to order!!

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Pj1008 View Post
    That black and grey looks great! I think i'm going to have Adam make me a set of quilts with the grey M50 on the outside and black ripstop on the inside... I still can't decide though.. I keep going back and forth on color / material choices.

And I still haven't even settled on what temp quilts to order!!
    Thanks man. I might end up keeping this one as I made it for a friend who just now tells me he is moving to southern California. lol

Think about what temp ranges you camp. If you're only getting one quilt than get something in the mid range because you can always extend the temps of your quilts by wearing more clothes or not covering yourself completely with it if it gets too hot.

Fronkey

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    Big Daddy Tarp
    Insulation
    CCF/
    Suspension
    Whoopee Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Thanks man. I might end up keeping this one as I made it for a friend who just now tells me he is moving to southern California. lol

Think about what temp ranges you camp. If you're only getting one quilt than get something in the mid range because you can always extend the temps of your quilts by wearing more clothes or not covering yourself completely with it if it gets too hot.

Fronkey
    Yeah man you should keep it! And if you decide you don't want it i'll gladly take it off your hands lol

And well I mostly do 3 season camping for now so I was thinking a 20* UQ and a 40* TQ since I tend to sleep a little warm and I can vent the UQ if it gets hot and add a sleeping bag liner for the TQ if it's cold. Plus i get the weight savings of less down in the TQ. But I'm still not completely sure, I don't have a lot of money to spend on a bunch of quilts so whatever I buy now will probably be my only quilts for a few years so it's an important decision haha

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123