Thread: Lap Something

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Suspension
    DIY Ring Buckle

Lap Something

Was grabbing some hardware for my new ring buckle suspension, and came across this little piece of bent metal called a lap buckle--lap ring--lap loop--I cant remember exactly but it was lap something (edit, it's lap link). The purpose it appears to serve in hammock-lore is that of either a biner or dutch clip. I haven't used it for an extended time, but it seems to do the job all right.

While I know it is neither of these and certainly not made for this job, I wanted to get someone else's opinion. Oh, and the label said "500 lb working load."

(Edit: I did tighten the separation a bit using a vise, to be safe)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Banjo_Bro; 04-23-2012 at 22:21.
    I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work...
    I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."
    And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.
    -From the Auburn Creed, by George Petrie, 1945

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Is this the product? Light Duty Bend-Close Chain Connectors

edit...I hate linking to McMaster Carr.....you'll have to select the Light Duty Bend-Close Chain Connectors on the linked page.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Suspension
    DIY Ring Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Yeah there it is. Mine are 1/4 inch thick.

And it was LAP LINKS. That was the word...
    Last edited by Banjo_Bro; 04-23-2012 at 22:21.
    I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work...
    I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."
    And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.
    -From the Auburn Creed, by George Petrie, 1945

• + New Posts