Hammock
    DIY HH Clone
    Tarp
    Pending
    Insulation
    RidgeRest CCP
    Images

Question New Mexicans? Southwest hangers?

Anyone on this forum from New Mexico? Southern Arizona? West Texas? I know I can't make any of the east coast hammock hangouts but I'm sure we could swing something in the land of sun. I would be interested in a group hang maybe in the Gila Wilderness or Coronado, Pecos, Guadalupe, Carson, etc. I think it would be cool, I have yet to see anyone hammocking in New Mexico on the backcountry trips I've been on this season. If you're out there let me know.
    [....] Our remnants of wilderness will yield bigger values to the nation's character and health than they will to its pocketbook, and to destroy them will be to admit that the latter are the only values that interest us.

Hammock
    DIY HH Clone
    Tarp
    Pending
    Insulation
    RidgeRest CCP
    Images
    I'll consider the lack of response as a no I guess that means empty trees and endless miles of uncrowded trails, bummer.
    [....] Our remnants of wilderness will yield bigger values to the nation's character and health than they will to its pocketbook, and to destroy them will be to admit that the latter are the only values that interest us.

maybe up around Taos or Chama area.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird & Claytor Exped
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    GG Thinlight
    Images
    I'd be up for anywhere with trees and water!

Hammock
    DIY HH Clone
    Tarp
    Pending
    Insulation
    RidgeRest CCP
    Images
    Hey, I'm actually heading up to the Taos/ Santa Fe area in 2 weeks for a 3 day trip to the Truchas Peaks region, it is located in the Pecos Wilderness. I think we are heading up the Rio Quemado River to Rio Quemado falls then to San Leonardo lakes or the Trampas lakes. It is a beautiful area, 11,000-13,000+ ft of alpine meadows and lakes, I believe there is trout fishing at several of the lakes if anyone fishes, I know one of them doesn't put out due to the lake completely freezing in winter. If anyone is interested in going I'm heading up with a small group on Aug 10-13. Possibly in the future we could organize a southwest region hike and hang. I'm interested in meeting other people, sharing experiences, hammock gear and advice and such, much like the east coast get togethers.

• + New Posts