Here's how I make my SRL's...
- First: an 18" piece of 7/64" amsteel, made into a 3" loop.
- Make a locked brummel with the techline, with the techline and amsteel interlaced.
- Tie a triple-overhand knot in the free end and superglue in place.
- Push the loop through the center of your whipping, with the knot outside the fabric, pull the techline inside.
- Make another loop with amsteel for the other end.
- Pull the techline through and tie a taught-line hitch.
I'll have to find pics, but it nicely puts the SRL inside the hammock...