Hello Everyone,

I wanted you all to be the first to know that Clark hammocks continue to get better. We have heard from various customers over the years that a truly mosquito-proof lightweight camping hammock is impossible to produce without chemicals, a false bottom, or using double layers of fabric etc. We didn't like any of these alternatives because we find them clumsy and because they add cost and weight to the hammock. The goal is to create a hammock bed that is strong, lightweight, water-resistant, breathable, and completely mosquito-proof --- using a single layer of fabric.

To find this fabric, we have worked with a lab and a U.S. fabric company for the last year. Our first tests resulted in disappointing failures. However, I'm glad to report that we have succeeded in developing a fabric that fulfills all of our goals. The lab confirms that hundreds of hungry mosquitoes were unable to penetrate the fabric no matter how hard they tried.

What does this mean? It means we are confident that all new Clark hammocks will protect you (even if you are not wearing clothing). It also means that most Clark hammocks are now even lighter and pack even tighter in your pack. You'll see the weight changes reflected on our website starting in August.

If you have purchased a hammock after May 15, 2008, it's likely you have the new material. All NX-200 models use the mosquito-proof material as well.

Let me know if you have questions. We should have some more announcements later this year that you'll hopefully find interesting.

Spencer