WBBB 1.1 dbl.
    Tarp
    HF 4 Season Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    Yikes!!! I saw this thread - and heard for the first time about this new hammock - just 10 minutes after sending payment to a fellow forum member for an NX250. I was worried that after more than a year of pining away for the NX250, that maybe I missed an even better setup for me.
    Not to worry - the Flex180 will probably be a great hammock, but for me at least, it won't take the place of the NX250.
    So, still anxiously waiting for the UPS truck and absolutely no 'buyer's remorse'.
    Hey, that's what a collection is all about! There's no possible way to be happy with just one hammock.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liners
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopies
    So.. if anyone is unhappy with the Flex and wants to trade for my Camo NX-250 with Z-liner, let me know and we might be able to work sth out!

Hammock
    HENNY HYPER/EXP
    Tarp
    CAMO VERTEX
    Insulation
    BBJB
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    love mine I have 2 and I'm thinking about selling my new spare flex-180 one to fund for a vortex to go camping with my lady with more room.

Hammock
    HENNY HYPER/EXP
    Tarp
    CAMO VERTEX
    Insulation
    BBJB
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    If i have to say one thing about the 180... (I see lots of us doing the 2 tree mod vs 3) Its great in all aspects when using the tripod hang... probably the only way comfortable and efficient enough to sleep 2 people (that aren't too big or off balance traditionally). More ventilation for 2 people would be great thinking about doing some mods. I took both of my grandson and my cousin on a hike & hunt and needed one of them on each side of me using a 3 tree hang (they are about 60-70 lbs a piece), on a 2 person hang I slept head to the opposite end of them while they used the 2 tree side.

As for a 2 tree set up it requires extreme tension and a lot of swinging lol. If done this with a lady friend in the Islands and it worked fine. the only issue is the off balance and more sag than meant for with the 2 tree hang vs 3... I wouldn't go crazy in a 2 tree hang... for sexual activities hahaha best best is the 3 tree hang (i was curious about it so i did further field testing)... when you wanna use the clark flex-180 find 3 trees... other wise your over paying for a hammock i would say. Comfort is this hammocks forte esp for anybody that happens to Be 5'8 and under. I know 5'10 It becomes just a regular comfort tent.

The 2 tree is a good mod if needed but if i wanted a kick *** $400+ hammock that wasn't a 3 tree base I would look at other options. more bang for your buck more gear for your ruck!

hang well and prosper!

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456