DW Half-Wit / DW Netless / Darien
    Tarp
    HG - Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened-T/HG-U
    Suspension
    Spiders / WS
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    elgreko - I was reviewing your photos and didn't see any "keeper" line at the bottom of your turtle legs to keep them from spreading. Maybe that was added later. And in one of your first photos of the hinges, it looked like a crack might have been forming in line with the screws (pre-drilled the holes, right?). I hope I'm wrong about that but, you know, "See something, say something."
    Been a while since I've looked at this thread.
    I do not need the "keeper" lines on the legs.
    I followed the directions here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...l=1#post809234 The pictures are no longer there. All the pieces come together at the top with the angles and they can not spread any further.
    I think what you may be seeing as a crack is a discoloration in the wood.
    First time using the stand, my damage came from a squirrel...
    ModDSCN4072.JPGModDSCN4074.JPG

Question

I have a quick question. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask. Money is tight and I would like to build a TD Stand. Can I use this wood, or would it not work or be unsafe for some reason?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Severe-Weat...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

[AIMG]IMG_7993.jpeg[/AIMG]

Hey Ohio,

I dont think those pieces are long enough are they? ,

I used 2 inch by 2 inch X 8 foot pine, I found at Lowes. Works just fine for my TD Stand. Lowes usually has this particular size in the back of the store, on a pallet. Or just ask a clerk.

I had to spend a few minutes going through the pallet to find straight, clean ( no knots ) pieces but they were there. They come to the store on a 8' X 8' X 6 foot high pallet.

Have fun.

Bob

Exclamation

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the reply.
    okay I am an idiot! LOL. I have been overwhelmed, reading all of the forums and basing my design on postings that I’ve seen people do. I’m so excited that when I saw the price of $1.98 and 42. I’m thinking immediately feet. 42 inches total makes sense for what they actually are, which is, what goes in between the rails and not the rail itself. I got too excited and just wasn’t thinking it through. Again I appreciate your reply. I need to slow down and just maybe go in try another Lowe’s Depot to find better wood. Pricing right now seems to be about five dollars per 8 foot. Thanks again and I can’t wait to get this thing together next few few days and post some pictures over the weekend

DISREGARD THE BELOW!!!

I went to two different Lowe’s, and the selection of 2 x 2 x 8 that they have is terrible. Really notty and not very straight.
    Lowe’s shows that they are 2x2x42. Unless I am reading wrong. They ship at 42 inches and people just cut them size. I also would not be surprised that the webpage is wrong and they actually come in like a standard size of some sort.
    I really like the look from the picture, and the price is really nice. I will drive over tomorrow and see in person.
    Last edited by OhioEye614; 08-05-2024 at 19:02.

I’m still cringing at stating inches and thinking feet. I finally got to the end of the thread and read the majority of the one-off threads on the forum. I still need to work out if I am using CL or just attaching a different way. So many options!

I do also before I even get my bill started want to thank all of the contributors on this thread. 1-hung-low, happy, olddog, Samsara, so many. Also hoping to find out what happened with wildflowers build after all the questions and patients that Mr. Lowe had in responding. Again, thank you all and once I get it built, I will be posting pictures.

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    20170806_175933 (1).jpg
    3/4 EMT and chain link top pole. Heavy but effective!

Chain, Continuous Loop, or another method to hang fence pole ridge rail?

Is there a general consensus on how to hang the fence pole? Should I use chain, an Amsteel continuous loop, or another method? What are the pros and cons? Looking to use the TD for car camping.

Where would the best place to be to Purchase continuous loops? How long should they be? What about a 22” x 1/2” soft shackle? Is a 25” loop better at 7/64”?

• + New Posts
  • Page 320 of 320 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320