Quote Originally Posted by Moel Siabod View Post
Did Olddog ever do a tutorial on how to build one of these?
Not that I'm aware of but you can look at the monster sized thread (that is still active) that started it all. If you want to read it through then get comfortable because it is loooooooong but worth the read.

The beauty of the design is that it really is very simple and quick to put together. It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish (I still have a few tweaks that I want to make but it works fine). If you aren't familiar with a gate hinge here is an example

You take your boards and attach one with two bolts onto the long/skinny part of the hinge. You then attach the other two boards using one bolt on the outer holes of the other side of the hinge so that those legs can be spread out or pushed together for storage/transport. On one of the holes in between where you attached the two legs you attach your shackle or whatever you use. Then you attach a rope to that for holding up the pipe. Attach your hammock to the pipe (outside of where you attached the support rope) and you are good. Also, you need to have some sort of spread limiting in place for the legs. I used some string on the legs to keep them from flopping apart.

That's all there is to it.

Dave