TDS in progress... Pics coming!

I had Home Depot cut down two 10.5ft fence rails to 6.5ft each for my WBBB. I joined them with a 24" x 1" iron pipe with 2 sheet metal screws on each side. Not easily disassembled now, but I can add wingscrews/wingnuts later.

Rail is hung with two 7/32' Amsteel loops - made'em myself thanks to excellent videos here! I have pole-end loop-caps to hang my hammock on lock-links, but will add backup loops in case of cap failure.

Tripods have 1/16th" steel cable to restrict spread to 5ft between 7ft pole legs. That should hold!

Just got the digicamo Superfly on - I hung it over the rail and tied to pole-end loop-caps with taught-line hitches on Lash-It Dyneema cord. Just about 10" from pole ends, so the 13ft rial works fine.

Then the 35F cold rains swept down. So I ducked inside and will finish tomorrow - hey, I'm not toughing it out in my backyard!

Some single-digits nights coming all this week in SoNH! Waiting for 0F TQ/UQ from UGQ (I'm listed Ready to Fill, so soon!) So I'll try several pads under and two bags over for now ... a -20F Wiggy's synthetic bag (good to 10-15F for me) inside a 20F EMS Mountainlight down bag.

That Wiggy's bag is 25yr old and looks the same as the day I bought it. They are heavy, but last forever. I also have one of his bags with an integral pad on the bottom - great sledge bag. Years before his time...