Hammock
    hennesy ultra light
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    Thats alot of good advice. I too am about to embark on an overnight with my wife. She enjoys car camping but i know she does it for me. We are starting off with a tent and seeing if she likes it. Ill keep this stuff in mind. Thank you. It seems everytime i have a question i look in here and find just what i was looking for. Awesome
    As a wise man once said "If woman don't find you handsome at least they'll find you handy." Hang in there.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images

From a Female Perspective

Make sure she has a bug net, full length UQ and a good TQ. Women's extremities get colder than men's so make sure she's warm. For example: wool socks, booties, beanie or buff, even thin fleece gloves can be a life saver.

A large tarp for privacy and hang very close to her if you think she will get scared. First time I slept in a hammock it was in a terrible thunderstorm and thought I would be electrocuted. Second time something ran under my hammock & brushed up under it. I had bad dreams after that that animals were nibbling at my feet! So make her feel unexposed and safe. Somehow a tent makes people feel safe even though it's just a thin wall of fabric and a hammock can make em feel exposed because of no contact with the ground.

Bug spray! But first make sure she isn't allergic to it. I'm allergic to Off-Deep Woods and found out the hard way!

But most importantly, make sure you hang her hammock just right so she's good & comfy. And equip it with a ridge line light, pillow & her own flashlight or headlamp for midnight treks to the bathroom. And oh yeah...a small mat or piece of plastic for her shoes and to have a clean dry place to put her feet when she gets out.

Good Luck, Cakes
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    To make it enjoyable for her, just hike in your HF merino wool thong! What more could she want?

Just take chocolate, smores, wine, or any other small comforts that you know she likes, and keep the hiking and "roughin' it" less than you know she can handle. Include a cool view or two. Make it a touch chanllenging (the hike, not the camping). Lastly, cook her one of your trail specialties! Have fun.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    While my wife will not go backpacking anymore (she was a blind date on a camp out 37 years ago and we have been married 35 years), she does like to camp out in her hammock if it is at a park with restrooms close by so group hammock hangs at a state park are a natural.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    All the ladies are different, just as all us men are. Ask her what specifically what she doesn't think she likes about backpacking/camping. In my wife's case, she loves the outdoors and is a hiking machine, but, she wants a hot shower with soap at the end of the day.

So find out what you wife's major complaint is and try to remove that from the equation. If its hiking, then car camp or at least set up camp only 1/4 mile from the car.
    Last edited by MAD777; 04-29-2012 at 05:56.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

clark, just keep both of you laughing, not saving lives, nor stopping wars, just enjoying being together, where and how is the sideshow, so laugh it up. Besides you a funny man

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ- MacCat
    Insulation
    Leighlo, JRB MT 4
    Images
    Good luck my friend. I hope you have etter luck then i did. Two years ago after 12years of marriage I gave up on hoping my wife would go backpacking. She has been a couple of times and I have done everything to make it comfy. But in the end she just does not like. So now we own a 30 foot camper. Lol

Hammock
    exped scout combi
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    polarpod
    Make sure she is able to stay comfortable, clean, warm, dry, fed well and entertained.
    " Wiggs "

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Prayer is the best beginning, secondly just stay focused on her and enjoying the outing, the rest will work itself out.

David

Hammock
    N/A
    Tarp
    N/A
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    N/A
    Images
    Wine, Cheese and some crackers for fire time (if you're into that sort of thing. God knows we are)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast