Hey all long time lurker first time DIY'er. Spring fever hit last week and I had a couple good garage sale finds so I decided to do diy uq out of a sleeping bag. The bag was very clean but the insulation looked similar to the stuff under the carpet in my 77 chevy so after so carefull zipper and insulation removal I was left with a blank shell of a sleeping bag. Being used to shooting from the hip and watching my mother sew as a grew up I whipped up some channels and went to wally world and found this stuff http://www.walmart.com/ip/Morning-Gl...6-oz./19397509 . Compressability 6/10 workability 8/10 warmth whooo buddy9/10, cost 10/10 $5.00 filled 90% of my uq and for the last three channels I used some of the old bag material. Dimensions are 48" by 56" I sewed the channels on the horozontal for no special reason. and used some 1" nylon webbing for loops and weight savings. I opted for paracord through the side channels larksheaded to 3/4 inch elastic webbing and shock cord for head and foot ends. I havent weighed it yet but it Im almost posotive it comes in under 2lb. Down= No uber warm in 40 deg weather with a 5-10 mph wind you bet your socks it is! thanks for looking enjoy the pics - BOB
First pic is how I plan to attatch it , Im going to use some zingit soon.
THe full pic has my 0- slumberjack mummy and 50lbs of weight in the hammock . I really reccomend that cluster fill for diy on the cheap.