ENO Single Nest and Reactor
    Tarp
    ENO DryFly
    Insulation
    Thermarest and bag
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    CamoDeafie,

I like your setup! Very cool tarp! I was wondering about your webbing end loops. Did you sew these into a continuous loop at each end of your hammock? I was thinking about switching out the end loops on my ENO Reactor and Single and putting in a single webbing continuous loop. My concern is sewing the loop so it is strong enough to hold me up! How did you make your end loops?

Thanks!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by CamoDeafie82 View Post
    better view of the webbing loops through the channel with whoopie sling attached;

No calf ridge in this set up as far as I know, ridge line is fixed length, around 86" or so

Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Costco down throw
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by flannery View Post
    CamoDeafie,

I like your setup! Very cool tarp! I was wondering about your webbing end loops. Did you sew these into a continuous loop at each end of your hammock? I was thinking about switching out the end loops on my ENO Reactor and Single and putting in a single webbing continuous loop. My concern is sewing the loop so it is strong enough to hold me up! How did you make your end loops?

Thanks!
    Mike
    Thanks; I simply overlapped the two ends of a strip of webbing, around 6 or so inches overlapped, then used W/M crossing stitching, which is based on the US AF cargo sling webbing stitches, and used a heavier thread, similar type to that used for 500-1000D Cordura.
    I then fed the webbing loop through the channels, and attached the whoopie sling to the two ends of the loop.

I just got my first hammock and will be trying it out this weekend, so I don't really know squat, but...

The hammock is from Dutch & uses whoopie slings with a whoopie hook for attaching the hammock to the suspension. I also noticed that he sells Double whoopie hooks specifically for use with a spreader bar.

Anyone tried 2 of these on your suspension end? You could hook one to each end of the continuous loop. Shorten an old tent pole to use as a spreader bar using the extra holes in the hooks. Size the length of your continuous loop in relation to that of the spreader bar to get the sag in the loop you want for the hammock end. A ridgeline could still clip to the bit of cord from your suspension between the 2 hooks.

--Dan

Hammock
    Too many to choose just one
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex or WP
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 30* or
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    Quote Originally Posted by houlster View Post
    I just got my first hammock and will be trying it out this weekend, so I don't really know squat, but...

The hammock is from Dutch & uses whoopie slings with a whoopie hook for attaching the hammock to the suspension. I also noticed that he sells Double whoopie hooks specifically for use with a spreader bar.

Anyone tried 2 of these on your suspension end? You could hook one to each end of the continuous loop. Shorten an old tent pole to use as a spreader bar using the extra holes in the hooks. Size the length of your continuous loop in relation to that of the spreader bar to get the sag in the loop you want for the hammock end. A ridgeline could still clip to the bit of cord from your suspension between the 2 hooks.

--Dan
    Interesting. Might put too much stress on the end channel stitching, though. If you try it, start out with less than body weight in the hammock and listen for stitches popping. Work your way up to actually laying in the hammock.

Images
    Update to Post #551 on Page 56...
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...k%20suspension

Some images on my Nylon Tafetta 90"x132" $15 dollar tablecloth hammock. Took some pictures to give folks some ideas on how these long and wide hammocks can be hung and how they lay.

Christened "Scarlet Hues - What Dream's May come"

So, some shots of the Mini-Spreader Bar (see Post #551)
    20150712_183323.jpg

Laying inside and looking at the foot end
    20150712_181306.jpg

Flat Lay options
    20150712_181258.jpg

20150712_181143.jpg

And finally folded in half for the skinny mode as referenced below.
    Skinny Mode Hammock.jpg

Some folks will opine that the width of the hammock is too large and prevents viewing out of the side. So, for that option you can gather the side hems of the tablecloth hammock and lift straight up, thus folding the hammock in half, and lay on that for a 45-inch wide hammock, say for at the beach...as illustrated in the above photo.

This hammock is hanging from the Aluminum Military Surplus Poles as rigged in the following post...
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...=1#post1325587

Now, adding the MSR Twin Brothers "Tarp Shelter" we have a good beach shelter. I use with my Sea Kayak to explore the estuaries on the Texas Gulf Coast.
    20140525_101018.jpg

And a closer shot of the hammock supports going into the MSR, I have upgraded these from web straps to Amsteel 1/8"
    20140525_101245.jpg
    20140525_101221.jpg

The tripods are held together by this set-up... which allows for quick take down and set-up. The poles can be loaded into the front of my 17-foot sea kayak and the rest Hammock, MSR Shelter and any bedding behind me.

Hammock Tripod.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 07-14-2015 at 21:04.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Well done sir! Thanks for sharing.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Question for all you guys out there having hung on these spreaders a while, how do the seams in your sewed end channels hold up? Will not having a girth hitch creating a tight grip on the fabric weaken the hammock?

• + New Posts
  • Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960