Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst

All the DIY for the past 2 weeks; Diva Cart, UQ, Hammock and more.

I had started on another DIY binge 2 weeks ago, with 4 days off in the middle do to over exerting myself. I wasn't in a hurry to begin with. I thought I had plenty of time, but I was a week off from when our monthly Ohio hang was, and hadn't done all of our UQ yet, and that is what started my downward spiral and my health issues jumped aboard....and I missed the hang. I was more than a little disappointed to say the least. However, I'm back, I'm ready and here to share. Some of the pictures are not the best.

First is my "Diva Cart". I was really hoping to field test on this hang...but oh well. I've since been all over the yard and neighborhood while getting all sorts of looks. It is made of CPVC pipe and does have a partial steel rod down through it, so it's not light weight. It comes apart in the middle so that I can fit it in my car. It attaches with a military work belt. I do think I need to pad the belt a bit some how. I should have taken a picture with it all loaded up, but I just didn't think of it. The first pic is an upright view, the second is of it laying down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DivaB; 05-04-2012 at 19:31.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    This is my pink crushed taffeta hammock. The only place I could find here to hang was up in our attic (which isn't finished yet and is a mess...but hey, I got to hang ) It is 196 x 90 from http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/default.asp I lashed it at a bit under 12 feet and left full width. I am very, very pleased with this. It is super comfortable, sweet spot is found instantly, and I love all of the space. I may shorten a bit more though, but the width is just wonderful. I did not have anyone around today when I snapped the pictures, so I'll have to show off some pictures with someone in it.

Also in the picture is one of 3 of the down UQ that I made. They are black on the inside, gray on the outside, 3" of loft, 800 FP, deferential cut. That was the very project that pushed me to the edge.

I'm putting together a champagne hammock for my mom for Mother's day

Hammock
    DIY HH clone sorta
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10ish mess
    Insulation
    DIY Primaloft UQ
    Suspension
    DIY straps w/whoop
    Images
    you could pad the belt with an old blue foam walmart pad, cut it to fit and make a nylon sheath for it to go over the belt. Nice projects though. Congrats on the quilts, my UQ project had me **** near wanting to take everything to the yard and set it on fire!
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Next up is taking all the zippers and snaps off the 3 patrol bags that we use. Don't use them, don't need them, and it saved over 30 oz by taking them off. Presto, top quilts. I then hemmed up all the edges and made sure the footbox was still intact. In the colder months I have polar fleece top quilts that I made last year that we stick inside of the patrol bags. I love the patrol bags so for now that is what we'll continue to use. I'm not ready to take on another down project just yet...and when I do, it'll be some down hats first.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Next is my little tree table Works great. You bungee the back around the tree, and use one of your hiking poles in the front end to sturdy it up in the middle. If you need more sturdiness for heavier cooking, you can use both of your hiking poles in the front using the two outer holes.

Ok, admittedly this project was a bit "out there", but someone was selling something very similar, I don't recall who that was anymore, but for a buck and very little time, I wanted to try it.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Next was making screens for my dehydrator. I read online how to do and it saved major money! I'll probably have to do a separate thread on that one with details.

You have been busy

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Next is the three UQ. Some of that detail is in the first post. They are 3/4, with 3" of loft. They're very nice, and I'm very proud of myself on this project. They were the hardest sewing I've done. Heads up, I took shop in school and was in extremely active in F.F.A. Sewing was not my thing. I can run a bead better than a stitch line . Many of you will know what I'm talking about and it isn't material or jewelry chat.

We sat a door on saw horses as my table in the living room. I have some pictures of all of the tools used minus the sewing machine. Which I really don't care to see for quite some time.

We are under one heck of a storm here, and downloading pictures is now a total P.I.T.A.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    And a couple of more pics of the UQ the only difference in the 3 underquilts is that two were done in black stitching and one was done in pink stitching. Other wise they are identical.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by thepikey View Post
    you could pad the belt with an old blue foam walmart pad, cut it to fit and make a nylon sheath for it to go over the belt. Nice projects though. Congrats on the quilts, my UQ project had me **** near wanting to take everything to the yard and set it on fire!
    Fire!!! Yes, yes, yes!! I can totally relate

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast