I have thought about just leaving a bigger air gap in above the insulation layer and seeing what it does. BUT the temp is 75 outside at 6:00am so I will have to keep this project on hold until cooler weather to check it out. UNLESS someone wants to donate a ticket to Seattle. Temp at Paradise at Mt. Ranier is 39 right now.