diy or Dream
    Tarp
    MacCat delx
    Insulation
    diy & HG
    Suspension
    whoopies & Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    does a stand that small really give you enough hang space to sleep in the ENO dn comfortably every night? It seems from the picture that your hang is a lot looser than I'm used to, am I just doing it wrong?
    for me yes it does. the DN is just 112" long so it's a short hammock and i have an unload ridge line length of 94" works great. i can and have used nylon hammocks up to 114" on this stand. that said i also have a 120" dream hammock (polyester) and i find that the sweet spot for the RL is significantly longer so it won't work with this stand, soon to be tested with a shorter poly hammock (as soon as the fabric comes in)

Hammock
    ENO DN
    I guess my best bet is to get a stand and take it to a shop to have it bent up. I'm moving in 6 months anyways so here's high hopes to the new house being easier to figure out the building structure! and if not the stand is definitely coming with me anyways. thanks guys!

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Quote Originally Posted by titanium_hiker View Post
    came in here to say that Risk's stand is cheap- Turtlelady beat me to it! It's probably good to have a stand if you're renting and are worried about damage to your structure.

Years ago someone pulled down a door frame on top of them- remember that when the weight is at an angle the force changes from static hanging straight down force. (I last did physics in Highschool- there are more discussions on the forums) You might have to hang quite low, but that's OK- I spent some time hanging under a desk and it worked OK! (big desk) So yes the possibility for damaging structure is there.

Your corner hang thing looks like it wouldn't be landlord friendly.

There are LOTS of stand designs on here, I hope you find one that works!

Oh yes- slacker is more comfy, or most people find it so. Remember you only need room to hang the end of the hammock, you don't need to worry about the suspension ropes.

TH
    not landlord friendly but as long as a wall hanging covers them when not in use, I can easily fill screw holes in the wood and repair the ceiling holes.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123