Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images

removable end caps

I have been designing bridgeskin v2. V1 didn't have endcaps and that makes accessorizing with bugnet and over cover more difficult. If I sew them on it kind of gets in the way once it is folded up as a pack. It doesn't make it impossible, but it has me thinking about removable end caps. I haven't made any end caps on the bridges I made so far so I am not very experienced at it. The best I came up with is bra clips and some spandex material. Spandex weighs pretty much and maybe I could go with a zipper and 1.1. The zipper would be more bug and air tight. I thought I would put it out there and see if anyone has any other ideas that I am not getting. So how would you make a removable endcap?
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I have been designing bridgeskin v2. V1 didn't have endcaps and that makes accessorizing with bugnet and over cover more difficult. If I sew them on it kind of gets in the way once it is folded up as a pack. It doesn't make it impossible, but it has me thinking about removable end caps. I haven't made any end caps on the bridges I made so far so I am not very experienced at it. The best I came up with is bra clips and some spandex material. Spandex weighs pretty much and maybe I could go with a zipper and 1.1. The zipper would be more bug and air tight. I thought I would put it out there and see if anyone has any other ideas that I am not getting. So how would you make a removable endcap?
    TeeDee's rigs have removable endcaps, you might study his design docs. His early versions tied on. Later versions involved clips and lightweight shockcord, I think.

Grizz

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    check this article

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I've been tinkering with the idea of removeable end caps for the bridge I am making for my wife. This is timely... thanks. Right now I am looking to ge the shock cord/velcro route.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    I did not make endcaps for my DIY bridge. Was not real confident at the time as to how it would affect the lay of the hammock. Probably would have worked out well.
    Instead I just added removable end caps to mine. I havn't made a bug-net for it yet.
    Hard to justify the time when most all of my camping is bug free. Might do it anyway.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/a...6&d=1205100849
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I forgot about Teedee's instructions. He sure is a peculiar bird. You don't hear from him for months and then all of a sudden he shows up with long brilliant directions. He writes them so well that you can't even ask a question because he includes details and weights not only of his way but the alternative way so you can tell his way is the correct way. .....and then he is gone again. He is like some mystical hammock super hero. I ask you this....has anyone ever seen Teedee and Griz at the same time? Hmmmm
    Last edited by Dutch; 07-31-2008 at 20:19.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images

English teacher's beware.... Horrid grammar but it gets the point across

I ask you this....has anyone ever seen Teedee and Griz at the same time? Hmmmm
    Griz does reference TeeDee but what TeeDee took 8 parts and sections to do griz does in one rather long article I grant you but still much shorter and for me at least easier to follow. I used Girz's "guide" article and got a really decent product, given limitations of workmanship.and the fact that I tweaked Griz's directions for my own use just like everyone tweaks everything around here. How can anybody claim patent infringement or plagarism or anything else when this gets tweaked this way and that gets tweaked another. I did a one piece bugnet sewn in as opposed to Griz's directions. But nanny nanny pooh pooh. I like mine better. So there. Pics to follow incidentally. Didn't get them today but I was in it. And it held up lard butt so it'll hold the wife.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    I forgot about Teedee's instructions. He sure is a peculiar bird. You don't hear from him for months and then all of a sudden he shows up with long brilliant directions. He writes them so well that you can't even as a question because he includes details and weights not only of his way but the alternative way so you can tell his way is the correct way. .....and then he is gone again. He is like some mystical hammock super hero. I ask you this....has anyone ever seen Teedee and Griz at the same time? Hmmmm
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    I forgot about Teedee's instructions. He sure is a peculiar bird. You don't hear from him for months and then all of a sudden he shows up with long brilliant directions. He writes them so well that you can't even ask a question because he includes details and weights not only of his way but the alternative way so you can tell his way is the correct way. .....and then he is gone again. He is like some mystical hammock super hero. I ask you this....has anyone ever seen Teedee and Griz at the same time? Hmmmm
    For that matter has anyone seen Teedee and Dutch at the same time..............

Come to think of it I don't think I saw Grizz and Dutch together at the spring MAHHA. Even in this alleged (and obviously PhotoShoped) photo of the two of them you cannot see Gizz's face:

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    A clear case of split personality disorder

• + New Posts