Banyan bridge, BIAS gathered
    Tarp
    ZPacks w doors
    Insulation
    HG; JRB
    Suspension
    Straps & beckett

Test hang of BIAS WW and HG Phoenix

Got in the first two of three purchases to get back into hanging. Just waiting on my tarp now. Any way, did a test hang last night in the backyard with lows about 45 degrees. Got to see the "Super MOON" as it was a clear night. Did not even need the headlamp to set up or a tarp in the conditions I had. Some brief comments:

I got the Weight Weenie hammock from BIAS and the only modifications I've made so far were to add Dutch clips on the tree straps, whoopies with toggles, a fixed ridge line, and a double-ended stow bag from JRB. Very comfortable and easy to set up. The hammock with all the suspension components is 14 oz.

I also got my new Phoenix UQ just in time to use it as well. Got the 40 degree model with 1 oz overstuff, as I'm planning to use it to temps a bit colder than 40. Also easy to attach and adjust. I think I will not need the line lock adjusters at all, so I've removed those cords, leaving a weight of 13.7 oz.

I was toasty warm and slept like a babe, using a bit of ccf under my feet and my JRB Shenandoah quilt as a TQ. Butt In A Sling and HammockGear make great products. In both cases, workmanship was excellent and I'm not concerned about suitability or durability after inspection and testing. Now I'm really looking forward to a real trip (Grayson Highlands over Memorial Day weekend, should be sweet).
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    I got my 40° UQ down to 30° no prob. Its made with M50 though. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Your Tarp pitch helps alot too. Congrats on the gear! Some nice pices you have there.

I did the same thing last night.
    I also was in a BIAS WW DL and was using my 40* phoenix with a Golite 1 season quilt.
    It only got down to 65* and I woke up so hot that I had to shed the TQ for a poncho liner and i even took the Phoenix off a hour later.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Great gear pickups there QiWiz. Those are going to give you years of good times!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TallWv View Post
    I got my 40° UQ down to 30° no prob. Its made with M50 though. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Your Tarp pitch helps alot too. Congrats on the gear! Some nice pices you have there.
    I as well got down to the low thirties in my 40 rated phoenix no overstuff and had a bit of a chill added some clothing and was toasty warm. I had mine made of 7D.

Material does make some difference because some material is more or less breathable as well as some material deflects wind better then others. Off hand I do not know the comparison between 1.1 M50 7D and M55 in regards to wind protection. Thats when I call stormcrow. He know all that technical stuff and knows his fabrics well.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie / Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Smokehouse
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Nice purchase QiWiz! I just recently did a quick video of rhe BIAS Weight Weenie. Awesome hammock. Light too!
    2new2hang

I know not how to aid you, save in the assurance of one of mature age, and much severe experience, that you can not fail, if you resolutely determine, that you will not.

Abraham Lincoln
    --July 22, 1860

• + New Posts