Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo

Ridgeline/Rainfly connectors and......

Hi all ive got the Clark Vertex rain fly and i added a 5mm thick ridgeline of which it connects to.

I have tied a 2mm thick 5 inch long piece of cord each end with a prusik knot to connect it to the ridgeline and pull it taut but.......im looking to seperate the ridgeline from the rain fly and connect it fast as i want to affix the ridgeline first and then drape the rain fly over it.

Im looking for light weight connectors that i can attach to the Vertex rain fly points and clip straight on and off the 5mm ridgeline

Second, im also looking for a small pouch that i can fit the 5mm ridgeline in as well as the rainfly, somethijng that i can pack in so its compressed, maybe even a draw string pouch

thanks in advance cheers Doz
    Last edited by Camper1; 05-07-2012 at 21:37.
    Clark NX-250, Warbonnet Superfly, Custom made Down, Underground Underquilt. DIY Suspension & Continuous Ridgeline.

I use a continuous ridge line with a prussic loop at each end and a small #1 nite- ize "s" biner on each to clip the fly loops to. Works well, easy to use, inexpensive. This allows about any adjustment necessary. Hope this helps. As a side not, some shock cord tensioners on the tie outs work wonders.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo

Something similar to this

Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    I use a continuous ridge line with a prussic loop at each end and a small #1 nite- ize "s" biner on each to clip the fly loops to. Works well, easy to use, inexpensive. This allows about any adjustment necessary. Hope this helps. As a side not, some shock cord tensioners on the tie outs work wonders.
    hey thankyou, it sounds kinda what im looking for but id like to remove the prusik loops attached to the 5mm cord ridgeline. Rather having one component attached to the clip fly loops that can be quickly attached to the ridgeline on and off and allows for tensioning.

Here is what i currently use to attach the ridgeline around trees and to itself, the pic ive added which allows me to pull it taut and holds well under lots of weight, BUT...i want something less bulkier but similar.

Can you also send me a link for that item youve listed as to where i can take a look at it and a possible purchase if its going to work?

thanks again Doz
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clark NX-250, Warbonnet Superfly, Custom made Down, Underground Underquilt. DIY Suspension & Continuous Ridgeline.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    I use small soft shackles that I made to hook the tarp to the prussicks. The weigh about nothing and I don't have to worry about hooking the tarp or my new skins with a metal object.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    +1 on the soft shackles. I actually use my soft shackles as Klemheists. I have some pics of mine in my gallery if you want to see what we're talking about.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Can you guys post a link or pic or something as to identify what you mean by a 'soft shackle'? thanks

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    This is the original thread about them. If you page through it some you'll see pics and videos that will help you make them, or you can just buy them from one of the cottage venders. After you look at how they work the picture below should make sense.

Here is a pic of one of the ones I use as a Klemheist. It can be "opened" at the knot so I can swap tarps out or whatever.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    ok thanks ive got the idea, it looks like a 2mm thick piece of cord with an improvised prusik knot, its a good idea and i might make em interum period but id rather some faster clips of sort, thanks for the post much appreciated

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Could you clarify a little what you're overall plan is, maybe I'm just not understanding what you already posted. I have some other ideas that may or may not work depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

Are you trying to set up the ridge line and not add the tarp till you need it? Or are you just looking for a quick initial setup process?

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseskowitz View Post
    Could you clarify a little what you're overall plan is, maybe I'm just not understanding what you already posted. I have some other ideas that may or may not work depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

Are you trying to set up the ridge line and not add the tarp till you need it? Or are you just looking for a quick initial setup process?
    yer exactly mouse, my plan is to pull the rope ridgeline straight out and fix it to its points, then rip the rain fly out and hang it over and affix it to the point i want it on the ridgeline....

....i know it might sound silly but the improvised prusik knots which you showed i dont want on the ridgeline as its another movement if i have to put my hand under the tarp to pull them along to where i want them,

im looking for some clips that are attached to the rainfly points, that i can hook straight on and off and fast.....

so the answer to both your questions is 'yes', seperate ridgeline to tarp and fast setup,

id like to be able to have my entire sleeping system up in less than a minute and a half, ta

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast