Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Speaking of time spent to produce, how much time did you put into this Brucie?
    For my little vids I can usually crank one out in an hour and that includes the upload time. I bet you've got 3-4 times that amount in this one (and the effort shows!).

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by MuseJr View Post
    Nice report... Barefoot in the sand looks like a great way to hike. I think I need to try one of those trips. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.
    Barefoot in the sand was a great idea until the weight of my pack (11.4 kilogram = 25.132 697 889 lb, lbs) and no cushioning under my feet started to cause bruising around the ball and heel areas of both feet. Not bad, but something to keep in mind if you do it. I think you need to try one of these trips too. You’re welcome for the put together, MuseJr!

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Speaking of time spent to produce, how much time did you put into this Brucie?
    For my little vids I can usually crank one out in an hour and that includes the upload time. I bet you've got 3-4 times that amount in this one (and the effort shows!).
    Well, if I tell you how long it took, you might think I’ve got too much spare time. lol I was thinking, before you asked, that it must have taken longer to make the video than it did to do the walk. So, it’s about 20 times longer than one of yours takes you. It only took about an hour to edit all the clips together. Then I play the video through and make changes to it as it plays. So, this one being nearly 40 minutes long, takes 40 minutes, plus all the stop and change time. Then I do it all over again fixing and changing as I feel fit. Each run through takes less time (less fiddling) and eventually, when there’s no more fiddling to be done, I’ve finished. It then took 18 minutes to process and 7 or 8 hours to upload. I started working on it about 5 weeks ago, so, in short, it’s 20 + hours over 5 weeks.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    One point I'll take out of this Brucie is that the 'videographers' here at HF put in a lot of effort to keep us entertained. Group hangs influence us and often roche me into pursuit of new gear or techniques that are better/lighter/simpler; but the vid's are not just entertainment but I always pick up something from them I can use or beware of when I'm out in the PWs (piney woods) next. Speaking of, just an hour ago I was walking the shelves of the grocery looking for shrimp spread HA!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234