Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    What is the little island right below the s.island of NZ....I did a loop track there but the name escapes me

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    @MedicineMan: Google maps named it Stewart Island or the even smaller one Ruapuke Island or... zooming in an going to the even smaller ones, Green Island... hope this helps....

Anyway, Brucihi5: it's bookmarked to watch later, thanks from another fan in a faraway piece of land not that much bigger then your largest cattle station....

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Truly fun....and sorta agonizing to watch your slog. I imagine them there blisters with sand in them and my feet sympathize with yours!
    Second hand coconut gave me a great giggle.
    Really interesting romp you had there and the decision to rest and not hike on was a good one. Smart.
    That shot of you waiting for the boat at the end was lonesome. Great moment.
    Hope those feet are healed.
    Shug
    Hello Mr. Shug! I hope you’re well and are making plans to get out and enjoy the warmer weather that comes your way, this time of year! I’m still hoping for a Hickery Brothers video! Take that fancy throwing knife with you (don’t throw it at your camera).

Thanks for taking the time to watch my slog! My feet said to tell your feet that they are on the mend. Yeah, I felt a bit ripped off with that coconut. I bet you don’t have second hand coconuts in Hawaii! I’m still glad I didn’t do the bottom part of the island, it was a good decision. When my feet have forgotten about it, I might go back and do the bottom part. That waiting for the boat scene worked out pretty good. I set the camera up to give a long, lonely and stranded look.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillipsart View Post
    Had some spare time today and my computer is free after uploading a mammoth video to Youtube overnight. Grabbed a cup of hot chocolate, put my feet up and watched full screen in HD on my computer. Great trip report. I really love the perspective the GoPro Hero2 HD camera gives.

I know how you felt with all those blisters, I used to suffer a lot from blisters till I finally found a pair of hiking shoes that fit me. Moreton Island looks beautiful. You'll love Fraser Island.

Walking on the beach, I probably would have taken my shoes off and walked bare foot. Did you see any sea turtles?

I've learnt a lot watching you with the GoPro camera and this trip report, I've ordered one of those tripods you showed me the other day, found a website selling them half the price what you paid for yours including delivery. Should be here within the week.

My first trip report with my GoPro HD Hero2 is a bit bouncy in places, Your videos are so smooth. It certainly makes for a much smoother footage with the camera attached to a pole. The footage I've taken holding the camera are not bad, fairly smooth, the footage taken with the Headband supplied with my GoPro are to bouncy for my liking. The headband did come in handy with my last adventure climbing Mt Walsh twice over the weekend, got some great footage as I was climbing up. The headband is great for climbing but for walking not so great.

Thanks for the great trip report, and yes I would love to walk along those beaches one day with my pack. I'll be taking my shoes of for those beach hikes in the future, especially if it's warm to hot temps, however if it's hot, sometimes you have no choose but to wear shoes on the hot sand. Many times I've burnt a layer or two of skin off under my feet, by walking in hot sand. Crocs sandals come in handy in those situations.

Looking forward to your next trip report. Can't wait to see that one.
    Perfect, Phillipsart, feet up, hot chocolate and HD! I was hoping for a turtle or two, but didn’t see much wildlife at all. I was hoping for a sea snake too. The tripod is good, you’ll like that. The audio recorder and tripod will help a lot! Do some test filming at home to see what works and what shakes.

I took my shoes off 40 minutes before camp 2. Because of the weight of the pack, my feet started feeling bruised. they still felt a bit bruised the next day. So, Crocs, or something, might be better. Your three ingredients for blisters is worth keeping in mind. I was wearing my winter socks, by mistake, which coursed sweaty feet. As a rule, my feet don’t usually sweat. On day 2, I was walking along wiggling my toes thinking, are my feet sweating.

It’s all blisters under the Brucie bridge now. Thanks for your comments, Phillipsart and happy playing with your camera!

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    What is the little island right below the s.island of NZ....I did a loop track there but the name escapes me
    Hi MedicineMan! I don’t know much about NZ. There are plenty of people here who used to live there. Not much work over there, so they have all moved to AU. There’s a little joke that goes a little like: Would the last person to leave NZ please turn out the light. I know someone who claims to be the one who turned the lights off. It’s the same person who told me about dogs eyes and dead horse. He said that in order to become an AU citizen, he had to have half his brain removed.

Born2roam is right. I looked on Google Earth too and it looks to me like Stewart Island. It would be one hell of a place to hike. Some very rugged looking coastline, it would have a heck of a lot of wind and would be cold to US standards!

Quote Originally Posted by born2roam View Post
    @MedicineMan: Google maps named it Stewart Island or the even smaller one Ruapuke Island or... zooming in an going to the even smaller ones, Green Island... hope this helps....

Anyway, Brucihi5: it's bookmarked to watch later, thanks from another fan in a faraway piece of land not that much bigger then your largest cattle station....

Grtz Johan
    Good idea, born2roam, sit down with a cup of something to keep you a wake and watch it when you have some spare time. Thanks for giving MedicineMan some info! There are some really big cattle stations in the middle of AU. Quite a few of them are bigger than some small counties. I felt like I walked around the biggest one of them. lol Thanks for posting and I hope you enjoy the video!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL "BD"
    Insulation
    Bags/AH
    Suspension
    Hugger,Ring,& Loop
    Cool island, looked like a nice place to be. Enjoyed the vid. Thanks for sharing your trip.
    Sorry about your blisters though......gaffers tape you say? I've always used mole skin or the like. Never thought about using gaffers tape. I have rolls and rolls of that, looks like its going to find its way into my pack. Thanks for the idea.
    A long habit of not thinking a thing WRONG, gives it the superficial appearance of being RIGHT,...
    -Thomas Paine

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Great video Brucie. Its beautiful around there. I'm not good in the heat being a ginger of the north with Scottish background so watching you get a little fried made me cringe. I'm afraid i wouldn't have walked far around there. I probably would find a quiet spot with a view and swim . Hope your feet are ok. Love the slang. thanks for sharing.

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Images
    Another great video! I found some time at work on our high speed connection to sit back and watch it full screen in 720 HD glory. Very enjoyable! Thanks!

And what kind of tripod and audio recorder are you using? Thanks again!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    DIY Top and Bottom
    Suspension
    ENO Slapstrap
    Images
    Great vid! Looks like you had a good time.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Great report! Looks like some nice views and some interesting history on the island. Well done with the editing as well.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4WLO View Post
    Cool island, looked like a nice place to be. Enjoyed the vid. Thanks for sharing your trip.
    Sorry about your blisters though......gaffers tape you say? I've always used mole skin or the like. Never thought about using gaffers tape. I have rolls and rolls of that, looks like its going to find its way into my pack. Thanks for the idea.
    Yeah, that’s right, 4WLO, Gaffer tape, it’s good stuff. I roll about a foot of it around a cigarette lighter to save space and weight. It comes in handy for all kinds of things. It’s no problem to roll it off of one lighter and on to another, when the lighter runs out of gas. Oh and it’s a good idea to put a couple of folds of tissue on the tape that is just big enough to cover the cut or blister.

Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Great video Brucie. Its beautiful around there. I'm not good in the heat being a ginger of the north with Scottish background so watching you get a little fried made me cringe. I'm afraid i wouldn't have walked far around there. I probably would find a quiet spot with a view and swim . Hope your feet are ok. Love the slang. thanks for sharing.

bill
    That sounds like a plan that I might put into action one day, mbiraman! It would be a fantastic place to hang and swim the day away! To avoid sunburn, it might be better to hang the day away and swim in the moon light all night. Plenty of cooking, plenty of sleeping and a bit of swimming here and there. Feet are ok now, one of my toe nails is still a bit black. I don’t know how that happened, but as the nail grows, the black goes. Thanks for commenting, mbiraman!

P.S. I’m still hoping for a video trip report from you, while kayaking in one of those fabulous lakes or rivers you have near you!

Quote Originally Posted by thenate1 View Post
    Another great video! I found some time at work on our high speed connection to sit back and watch it full screen in 720 HD glory. Very enjoyable! Thanks!

And what kind of tripod and audio recorder are you using? Thanks again!
    Man, that sounds great! Sitting back, high speed, HD, AND at work! You’ve got it all worked out. The tripod is a ZipShot TR406 and the recorder is an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder VN-8600PC. The main thing there is to get one that has a USB slot, so you can plug it into your computer. Thanks for commenting and you’re welcome for the trip report!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierhiker View Post
    Great vid! Looks like you had a good time.
    Hi, Hoosierhiker! Overall it was a good time and a memorable time as well! It’s nice to have a video to watch and remember it by. Thanks for taking the time to post a comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Great report! Looks like some nice views and some interesting history on the island. Well done with the editing as well.
    Yeah, Redoleary, the views were nice and nicer than I expected. Google maps didn’t give me much of an idea as to what to expect. It’s good to expect a little, but discover a lot. I’m not really into history, but I found the history of Moreton island interesting too. Thanks for your positive feed back, Redoleary!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    Nice report... Barefoot in the sand looks like a great way to hike. I think I need to try one of those trips. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.
    "I'm a connoisseur of BACON." - Anyways - 6/9/13

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast