WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Downloading this one myself to watch tonight after work! Sounds like a "gud'en"
    Good idea, Hawk-eye! Download and watch it when you can sit, relax and enjoy it. It’s got some mellow music in it to help with the relaxation side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Sure is beautiful!
    Hi there BillyBob58! It sure is a beautiful place, especially the top part of the island. I really enjoyed to first half of day two and was more than surprised at how nice it was. Thanks for commenting!

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Great Trip report thanks so much.
    Thanks, OutandBack! You’re so welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    Very, very pretty, Bruciehi5. Looks a lot like some of the spots down here in FL.

I hear you on the heat exhaustion and dehydration. Tough to fight once they start, especially above 80 F/27 C.

And that sand, yeah. It'll eat your feet if you're not careful. I like sandals, since they allow that to drain out as much as possible. Helps to prevent those blisters, but it's not a magic cure for certain.

Thanks for sharing!
    I’d like Florida, it’s nice and warm there too, the name even sounds warm. Yes, I’ve got a bit to learn about walking on sand, I don’t plan on doing it much, so it doesn't really matter too much. Cooler temperatures and shorter distances are two things I’ll remember for next time. You’re welcome for the share, FLRider!

Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    Good gracious. I'd love to visit a place like that for a few days. After all that sand, heat, and dehydration, I'd be ready to head out though. The video was worth watching for sure. I'm glad I took the time and enjoyed it. There is a subtle humor in your videos that just cracks me up.
    ***I'm letting this one load so I can watch it in HD. I always look forward to your videos.

I like the way you think, FireInMyBones! There are a lot of wide open spaces in the video and HD is the best way to view them. After it uploaded, I had a bit of a flip through it and I was surprised at how much of the detail is lost when viewing at 360 - 480 is a bit better. That’s the spirit, don’t let a bit of sand and heat stop you, it might slow you down a bit, but that gives you more time to enjoy the mirages. I’m pleased you thought it was worth watching, the last thing I want to do is waste people’s time! Thanks for taking the time to enjoy it and thanks for your comments, FireInMyBones!

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    European invasion!
    The sand on the road to the lighthouse looked thick and soft=much energy to walk in.
    You and the Blue Lagoon marquee-a magnificent shot Brucie.
    Which solar charger are you using? Curious minds want to know.
    A lot of us in the states use Tea Tree Oil
    Def. appreciate the instant km--->mile conversion on the screen, we do think in miles up here
    On the Telegraph Trak I liked the Dr.Seuss looking palms...
    Were there any other people at the lighthouse? Once on the Telegraph seems like total solitude for you.
    What about bugs? I missed it if you said anything about them.
    Tape--look into this stuff-waterproof/breathable and with zinc (antibacterial/healing promoting):http://compare.ebay.com/like/2707842...Types&var=sbar
    But expensive
    Your assessment on body condition VERY SMART.
    Dogs eye dead horse???? I'd like to borrow that vernacular, just have to figure out where to use it!
    'Plenty of room to swing a cat' HA! Too funny
    Near the end, you're walking down the beach-what's in the brown bag? Boots? Souvenirs from the resort? Dont keep secrets from us Brucie
    Wonder how they can afford to run the boat with only 3 paying passengers?
    You're right I rarely know what day it is when I'm off cycle.
    Brucie as ALWAYS love your vids! They take me--literally to a different world--where I can ALMOST relax~there is always the possibility of a serpent!
    Hello there MedicineMan, hope you are well! Come to think of it, someone with a good camera and who knew how to use it could have taken some fantastic photos. Tell the curious minds that I’m using the Suntactics, sCharger-5. It’s pretty heavy, but if you give it full sun, it works as good as a lap top. It weighs 246 grams or 8.67 ounces. It’s made in the USA and its made to last! http://www.suntactics.com/ Tea tree oil is good stuff, stinks though. There was one fairly strange dude who walked past while I was doing a bit of filming at the lighthouse, but that was it. I was expecting a crowd, but got it pretty much to myself, which suited me just fine. The bugs weren’t to bad, I didn’t have to use spray and I don’t think I had to cover up in the morning and evening. I got a few mozzie bits here and there, but nothing to worry about. Thanks for the tape link, that looks pretty good! If you came to AU and you asked for a dogs eye and or dead horse no one would know what you’re on about. It’s one of those old sayings that no one uses and most have never heard of – probably just as well. You might be able to use the dead horse part, just for a bit of fun. You’d have to explain that dead horse means sauce and sauce means ketchup. I know, because when I was in the US in 1986, I kept asking for sauce and always had to correct myself and say oh, ah, ketchup! It was good fun! It really freaked’em out when I asked for egg on a pizza... “Egg on a pizza, oowwww!” lol Well, if you really must know what was in the brown bag, and you must, you must! It was just some junk food leftovers I got from the resort the day before in preparation for a major pig-out session when I got back to camp. The campground I was in had no bins, so I was taking it to where there where bins (big stinky bins). I was expecting to see more than my fair share of snakes, but all I saw was one flattened lizard and one running lizard. Thanks for your comments and questions, MedicineMan!

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Absolutely beautiful (the place, not you!). Thanks for putting the video together and posting it.
    LOL! Oh now wait a minute, JayS, I think you’ll find that sporting my best most stylish shirt and hat, I made the place look so good (head wobble)! Are you sure you where watching the right video! You’d better take another look, this time be drunk, wear thick fogged up glasses, close one eye and squint the other. Thanks for commenting, JayS, I liked that!

Quote Originally Posted by ofuros View Post
    My oh my Bruciehi5, you're sure racking up the km's....enjoyed the vid.
    You looked a bit worse for wear though.... & look after those tootsies !!
    Hi ofuros! Yes, have hammock will hike. Hiking knowing that I have somewhere comfortable to sit, at camp, and even more comfortable to sleep, makes for a very happy Bruciehi5 hiker. The first part of the top of Mt Tempest I looked like I could do with a drink or ten. One of my tootsie toenails went black and still is now! Poor me! Thanks for commenting! Good hiking weather in Brissy at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Old River Rat View Post
    enjoyed watching very much. thanks.
    I’m very pleased to hear you enjoyed the video, Old River Rat! Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. I like your picture of the drunk rat in the hammock! Those old river rats really know how to enjoy themselves!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Looking forward to watching this one, tried watching with my iPad, but the Internet is not working to well on my iPad, managed to watch a few minutes, looking forward to watching the rest. My computer is currently tied up as I'm completing a trip report myself of the same duration, as soon my computer is free I'll be watching your video.

Hopefully my video will be completed later tonight or tomorrow.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Wonderful video Bruciehi5. And yes I would have been in the water all day had it not been for the sun which my skin in my face can’t take these days. Anyway thanks for the shout-out and a once again borderline pro vid. Great job.
    Best of wishes,
    Blaze

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Worth the wait and download time! Thanks for sharing your adventures pal ... and again this one didn't disappoint!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Great video,,enjoyed it immensely...not envious of your hike in the sand and heat as I have done it a time or two and remember the heat and workout as well as the deyhdration and blisters too. Very good video and nice country.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    another good one! Now I can go read up on the island. Thanks Brucie!

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    Wonderful video Bruciehi5. And yes I would have been in the water all day had it not been for the sun which my skin in my face can’t take these days. Anyway thanks for the shout-out and a once again borderline pro vid. Great job.
    Best of wishes,
    Blaze
    Hello BlazeAway!

It’s great to hear from you! I hope your shed is still coming along according to plan! When it’s all finished, I’d REALLY like to see a trip report called; “Camp Blaze Coffee Sippin Supur Shed Front Porch Overnighter.” If you can somehow hang your hammock on the front of your new shed and make a video with you sipping your coffee, that’d be great! Night swimming would be almost as good. You’ll avoid the sun that way, but the sharks might be a bit of a problem. Thanks for commenting and I’ll hear from you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Worth the wait and download time! Thanks for sharing your adventures pal ... and again this one didn't disappoint!
    I’m glad you found the video to be worth waiting for, Hawk-eye! Moreton Island is a nice place (a little bit to my surprise) and sharing it with you was my pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Great video,,enjoyed it immensely...not envious of your hike in the sand and heat as I have done it a time or two and remember the heat and workout as well as the deyhdration and blisters too. Very good video and nice country.
    It took me 38 minutes to say what you said in one sentence! lol I’ve got a book called, How to Say More With Less, maybe I should read it. Heat and workout is a very good way to sum up the hike, well put, Acer! Thanks for your sum up and for letting me know you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    another good one! Now I can go read up on the island. Thanks Brucie!
    Thanks for letting me know you liked the video, nothermark! There is some interesting reading and some good photos on the Indicator Loops web site:

NAVAL & ARMY FORTIFICATIONS AT MORETON ISLAND
    http://indicatorloops.com/comboyuro.htm

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Truly fun....and sorta agonizing to watch your slog. I imagine them there blisters with sand in them and my feet sympathize with yours!
    Second hand coconut gave me a great giggle.
    Really interesting romp you had there and the decision to rest and not hike on was a good one. Smart.
    That shot of you waiting for the boat at the end was lonesome. Great moment.
    Hope those feet are healed.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Had some spare time today and my computer is free after uploading a mammoth video to Youtube overnight. Grabbed a cup of hot chocolate, put my feet up and watched full screen in HD on my computer. Great trip report. I really love the perspective the GoPro Hero2 HD camera gives.

I know how you felt with all those blisters, I used to suffer a lot from blisters till I finally found a pair of hiking shoes that fit me. Moreton Island looks beautiful. You'll love Fraser Island.

Walking on the beach, I probably would have taken my shoes off and walked bare foot. Did you see any sea turtles?

I've learnt a lot watching you with the GoPro camera and this trip report, I've ordered one of those tripods you showed me the other day, found a website selling them half the price what you paid for yours including delivery. Should be here within the week.

My first trip report with my GoPro HD Hero2 is a bit bouncy in places, Your videos are so smooth. It certainly makes for a much smoother footage with the camera attached to a pole. The footage I've taken holding the camera are not bad, fairly smooth, the footage taken with the Headband supplied with my GoPro are to bouncy for my liking. The headband did come in handy with my last adventure climbing Mt Walsh twice over the weekend, got some great footage as I was climbing up. The headband is great for climbing but for walking not so great.

Thanks for the great trip report, and yes I would love to walk along those beaches one day with my pack. I'll be taking my shoes of for those beach hikes in the future, especially if it's warm to hot temps, however if it's hot, sometimes you have no choose but to wear shoes on the hot sand. Many times I've burnt a layer or two of skin off under my feet, by walking in hot sand. Crocs sandals come in handy in those situations.

Looking forward to your next trip report. Can't wait to see that one.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast