Images

Disappearing posts?

I have posted several posts to Mixnmaster's 2 different for sale threads during the last week, and they have all disappeared after first showing up.

One was even a test post to say I have had disappearing posts in those threads. Not sure what is going on?

I figure they are being removed because I am breaking some rule, but I don't know which one. I did not quickly offer to buy in either case. I just offered some info about the products for sale, and saying how tempted I was by both items. Is that against the rules? Is that an off topic discussion? But I thought I also saw some other posts offering similar advice, and they are still there.

Or is this some weird computer problem?

Hammock
    WBRR & WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom Old Man Win
    Insulation
    My fat butt
    Suspension
    My kids
    Contact one of the Mods and they should be able to help you

Hammock
    Gt UL, 1.7 wbbb
    Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images
    I had the same thing happen, only when supporting someones sale thread. I figured that they didn't want the "extra" comments in the thread. I just stopped adding my .02 to the sale thread. Have you had post disappear in other sections?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    It's not your imagination, or a computer problem.

In recent months, there has been quite an upswing in the amount of posts in the For Sale forum. Many of the posts were unrelated to the sales, but are simply discussions about the items or about the seller. Some of the threads were hijacked such that it was hard to follow the details of the sale itself.

The mods received quite a few complaints from various sellers about that happening, and about how that it was unfair to their transactions. We agree. So to help remedy the problem and to follow the actual posted rules, for a couple of months we've been more actively removing posts from the For Sale threads that aren't related to the transaction.

It's not personal. And the mods are happy for any of the hammock items being discussed to be so in another thread. It just needs to be outside of the For Sale forum, which should remain focused on the sale.

It has probably been more noticeable in that thread simply because of the number of non-sale related posts that were made. It has been a while since a SnugFit was sold and that attracted attention from both SnugFit entusiasts, as well as new members who didn't recognize it. There were 11 different posts there about either the construction, the history, or the availability of other SnugFits.

If you guys want to discuss the Snugfits at length again in another thread, that's a great idea. It's a wonderful design and it deserves attention and knowledge about it to be shared. But it would be helpful to both the mods and the sellers/buyers if that were done in the TTTG/Speer subforum instead of the Marketplace.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    It's not your imagination, or a computer problem.

In recent months, there has been quite an upswing in the amount of posts in the For Sale forum. Many of the posts were unrelated to the sales, but are simply discussions about the items or about the seller. Some of the threads were hijacked such that it was hard to follow the details of the sale itself.

The mods received quite a few complaints from various sellers about that happening, and about how that it was unfair to their transactions. We agree. So to help remedy the problem and to follow the actual posted rules, for a couple of months we've been more actively removing posts from the For Sale threads that aren't related to the transaction.

It's not personal. And the mods are happy for any of the hammock items being discussed to be so in another thread. It just needs to be outside of the For Sale forum, which should remain focused on the sale.

It has probably been more noticeable in that thread simply because of the number of non-sale related posts that were made. It has been a while since a SnugFit was sold and that attracted attention from both SnugFit entusiasts, as well as new members who didn't recognize it. There were 11 different posts there about either the construction, the history, or the availability of other SnugFits.

If you guys want to discuss the Snugfits at length again in another thread, that's a great idea. It's a wonderful design and it deserves attention and knowledge about it to be shared. But it would be helpful to both the mods and the sellers/buyers if that were done in the TTTG/Speer subforum instead of the Marketplace.
    OK, got it! I suspected as much. Even though I have done it before mainly trying to give a boost to the seller, same thing this time. But I see where it could be a problem. I just won't comment again in the for sale section unless I am there to say " I'll take it!".

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    I have noticed another issue, related but not the same issue. Rather than start a new topic, I'll mention it here. I have contributed to a few threads lately and gone back later to find it in "Today's Posts" and it's nowhere to be found. Was able to find it under it's respective forum, checked timeline of last post, and it's still not listed in "Today's Post", even when someone else has since added a post. No biggie, just thought I would mention it.
    We are now ready to start our way down the Great Unknown.We are three quarters of a mile in the depth of the earth.We have an unknown distance yet to run, an unknow river yet to explore.What falls there are, we know not; what rocks beset the channel, we know not; what walls rise over the river, we know not. Ah, well! We may conjecture many things. The men talk as cheerfully as ever; jests are bandied about freely this morning; but to me the cheer is somber and the jests are ghastly. Powell 1869

Hammock
    DIY speer type
    Tarp
    OES Maccat
    Insulation
    JRB Nest+ORM
    Suspension
    Webbing + Slings
    Images
    sometimes it is hard to see what forum a post is in when using the new posts feature.

TH
    my hammock gear weights total: 2430g (~86oz)
    Winter: total 2521 (~89oz)
    (see my profile for detailed weights)

gram counter, not gram weenie!

• + New Posts