DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    Duke: The stiff stuff is what I've always seen, and it's pretty fragile.. .(start a tear... it just keeps going)

Demo: Thanks for the note. I'd be wary of other 'thrins, especially against my skin, but for netting ? ? ? who knows...

Anyway, the "Son of Beast" hammock is on it's way to Ohio tomorrow... Just finished it...

Off to hang my hammock in the back yard and enjoy Spring!
    I told Dakota....I mean Gutter, that he has a surprise coming from our CA friend. It's driving him nuts because I won't tell him what it is. What's really funny is he said "I just love people, don't you mom?" I of course being who I am, was like "I can't say that I do too many, but some are really worth it." He says "no mom, your going about it all wrong, you have to love them all, even ones that don't seem worth it, everyone deserves it, and then good things come your way. Even the bad people are here to teach us things."

Yep, the 14 year old, smacked me with facts again. He's right. He's always, just randomly said the he loves people, but it's the first time he was able to tell me his reasoning as to why.

...Then I told him to get back on the forums and get active again. He got frustrated trying to find his way around, and just gave up. I'm not sure when the last time was when he got on. It would be great to have a "kids/teen area" here.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    <snip>

Demo: Thanks for the note. I'd be wary of other 'thrins, especially against my skin, but for netting ? ? ? who knows...

<snip>
    The note on other insecticides was general. I applaud and encourage an approach to protection that incorporates whatever WHO and others endorse for an integrated approach. Greater comfort with air flow. With noseum in the small quantities of many hammock bug nets there is very little.

I

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    The only good thing about tulle is that it's ultra lite. I plan to use it as a throw away net if I'm on an overnight hike and don't want to take my heavy duty polyester net along. I'll grab a few yards at Wally World for 1.25 a yard and just throw it over my ridge line, duct tape the ends together and call it good. When I get home I'll chuck it in the trash. Total cost for a bug free one or two nighter...About 8 bucks.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LostinSpace View Post
    The only good thing about tulle is that it's ultra lite. I plan to use it as a throw away net if I'm on an overnight hike and don't want to take my heavy duty polyester net along. I'll grab a few yards at Wally World for 1.25 a yard and just throw it over my ridge line, duct tape the ends together and call it good. When I get home I'll chuck it in the trash. Total cost for a bug free one or two nighter...About 8 bucks.
    If you leave it a rectangle, you can tie the corners together... worked for me, and lighter than duct tape..
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123