Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    Stock Claytor 3x4m
    Insulation
    Built-in (Fat)
    Suspension
    Ring suspension

Question on shipping time....

Pulled the trigger last week on the Jungle Hammock. From all I've read, it seems to be just what I am looking for. On the site, it says they ship every Friday, well that would have been yesterday. On average, how long will one have to wait to receive it? Just curious as it is coming down to the wire before our BWCA trip and there are a few things I want to mod on it as well as get familiar with set-up and such.

Apologize if this has been asked/answered before. Looked and didn't see anything on it.

Thanks.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle/Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    DD Tarp XL
    Insulation
    3/4 Thermarest
    Suspension
    Rings / Whoopies
    Images
    I've done 3 orders from Claytor - all arrived in 7-10 days (and I think one was even less than a week) - but I'm in Australia, they are in Thailand, so it's a bit closer to home for me.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp XL
    Insulation
    3/4 Thermarest
    Suspension
    Rings / Whoopies
    Images
    ...and just out of interest Meat Hunter, what mods are you considering? I've had a Jungle Hammock for a couple of years and have modified it a few times, so might be able to save you some time (spreader bar lengths etc).

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    Stock Claytor 3x4m
    Insulation
    Built-in (Fat)
    Suspension
    Ring suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by DavoAnth View Post
    ...and just out of interest Meat Hunter, what mods are you considering? I've had a Jungle Hammock for a couple of years and have modified it a few times, so might be able to save you some time (spreader bar lengths etc).
    Well that's not too bad of a shipping timeframe. I can live with that. I think with the mods, I would like a quick set-up so I was thinking of going with this.
    http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGe...eSupports.html

Funny you should mention spreader bar. As I was looking at the pics of the JH, I was wondering if one could use a spreader bar on either end of the hammock to widen the area? Im new to this stuff so all my ideas sound great on paper lol.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I ordered a claytor no net a few years ago-------took almost a month to get here-worth the wait, its a good quality product at a good price.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp XL
    Insulation
    3/4 Thermarest
    Suspension
    Rings / Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Hunter View Post
    Well that's not too bad of a shipping timeframe. I can live with that. I think with the mods, I would like a quick set-up so I was thinking of going with this.
    http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGe...eSupports.html

Funny you should mention spreader bar. As I was looking at the pics of the JH, I was wondering if one could use a spreader bar on either end of the hammock to widen the area? Im new to this stuff so all my ideas sound great on paper lol.
    That set up looks similar to one I used. The Claytor comes with a heavy duty bwebbing strap at each end - there is a sewn in channel for it to slide through so there is no need to tie if off like in the link you attached. I've used carabiners with the rings and it worked fine - just remember to tie it off after it is locked into the rinbg as an extra safety measure. I've now replaced the webbing with whoopie slings which are a lighter and faster setup - but for your first few hangs just stick with the webbing until you get a feel for what suits you.

Re the Spreader bars, there is a series of loops at each end under the shock cord - I just used cut off aluminium arrow shafts cut to 18.5 inches which is the spreader width on my JH - they are cheap at any outdoor store, just ask for a heavy hunting weight shaft like 2117 or 2214 (the shop assistant will know what that means).

I've tried to attach a couple of pics of my JH suspension set up below including a close up showing the spreaders so you get an idea of the system. Disregard the webbing strrap running on top of the whoopie sling - that was just a drying line and not part of the suspension.

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    Stock Claytor 3x4m
    Insulation
    Built-in (Fat)
    Suspension
    Ring suspension
    Cool beans, thanks for the set-up pics. Just received an email yesterday that my hammock has been shipped. Pretty stoked to try it out.
    As far as the spreader bar, what I was actually referring to was a set up like this one here. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...94&postcount=1

Would something like this not provide one with more head/foot room? As far as the arrows like you mentioned, oh yeah, had that one figured out from the get go LOL.
    Have several old carbon shafts to use that I will stow inside the bottom half of my 2 fishing rods I take with....
    Last edited by Meat Hunter; 05-14-2012 at 13:01.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp XL
    Insulation
    3/4 Thermarest
    Suspension
    Rings / Whoopies
    Images
    I see - I've never seen a spreader bar there on the rope channel before. I'm not sure if this design would give you either extra head room or width - the Claytor is VERY big in both dimensions, unless you are over 6'7" you won't feel cramped in the slightest.

If you feel the need, and can get your hands on one of those it would be worth trying - I'd be interested to see if it gives you any extra space.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest; Claytor JH
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag; Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I ordered mine last month and it was delivered to Ohio within 10 days standard ship.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl lefty, WBRR
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy Camo
    Insulation
    KAQs, Pads, PLUQs
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    In the last year I did 2 separate orders 2 hammocks each.

My delivery times were all over the place.

2 came 6 days.

1 came 13 days.

1 came 15 days.

I think it depends entirely on how fast it passes thru customs.

Hard to beat the bang for the buck and they are built really solid. Essential for those with kids who are tough on gear.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast